Non-stop phone-ringing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, the phone has now rung 5 times in 4 minutes with people on the road looking for 1, 2 and 3 rooms for tonight. Why the heck can't they all be looking next week, mid-week!
I guess the weather report got to them...low 70's, clear blue skies, overnight temps in the 50's.

Morticia said:
I guess the weather report got to them...low 70's, clear blue skies, overnight temps in the 50's.
That weather report would get to me, too!!! :)

The last call was at 9:50. I ignored it. When I got up this morning, I had 4 reservations.

I guess the weather report got to them...low 70's, clear blue skies, overnight temps in the 50's.Hold me a room, I'll be right there.
teeth_smile.gif

I guess the weather report got to them...low 70's, clear blue skies, overnight temps in the 50's.Hold me a room, I'll be right there.
teeth_smile.gif
copperhead said:
teeth_smile.gif
This is what summer is supposed to be like here. Not that hazy, hot & humid stuff we've been getting!

We've got 2 empty rooms in August, 1 on the 22nd and 1 on the 25th, so it amuses me when people call like this morning and say "We want two doubles for 7 nights from 10th August" or the email I had earlier asking for availbility for 2 nights and "your best price".
"Best price".... for a measly 2 night stay in peak season!!!

oooh!
we've had hot and muggy, hot and muggy, hot and muggy. day after day. that weather sound so good!

ditto, ditto, ditto .... It's also the Lobster Festival in Rockland - that's been the reason for the majority of my calls.

We've got 2 empty rooms in August, 1 on the 22nd and 1 on the 25th, so it amuses me when people call like this morning and say "We want two doubles for 7 nights from 10th August" or the email I had earlier asking for availbility for 2 nights and "your best price".
"Best price".... for a measly 2 night stay in peak season!!!.
I was getting that last night...'We'd like 3 rooms for tonight, what's your best price because we're booking so many?'
Really? I should give lower rates because you're taking 3 rooms for 1 night?

Morticia said:
i get two weeks in Maine next month. I can not wait to get out of this sticky, sweaty, nasty heat!

teeth_smile.gif
copperhead said:
teeth_smile.gif
This is what summer is supposed to be like here. Not that hazy, hot & humid stuff we've been getting!
I still don't think that you really know HOT! It was 105F today here in Dallas. :) We just carried on...... and then collapsed in the A/C and watched a movie.

teeth_smile.gif
copperhead said:
teeth_smile.gif
I'd come too, but we're in the triple digits here and I'm afraid I've melted.
sad_smile.gif
Can't believe that this is our busiest time of the year. Are people nuts to travel in this heat?

teeth_smile.gif
copperhead said:
teeth_smile.gif
I still don't think that you really know HOT! It was 105F today here in Dallas. :) We just carried on...... and then collapsed in the A/C and watched a movie.
Samster said:
Just called son yesterday and he was installing a washer & dryer combo in LV. He told me it was 'lovely' there...100 degrees and breezy! But, there's no humidity. He said it was a bit of an issue having to run some of the venting thru the attic, tho.
It's been in the 90's here with high humidity. It's really what you're used to. And I'm not used to anything over 90 with high humidity!

teeth_smile.gif
copperhead said:
teeth_smile.gif
I'd come too, but we're in the triple digits here and I'm afraid I've melted.
sad_smile.gif
Can't believe that this is our busiest time of the year. Are people nuts to travel in this heat?
YES! Before I moved to Texas, I came to visit my family in October, or maybe March & April. August? Never!
But it pays the bills :)

This weekend is THE peak weekend here. I've been booked since March. Earlier this week, I missed a call (whew!) asking to come Friday night at midnight or 1 a.m. Yeah, right. Last night my phone rang at 2:30 a.m.... I'm positive it's someone who wanted to check into a hotel and found out there weren't any rooms left in town!
(I didn't answer the call b/c it was forwarded to my cell phone, which is also my alarm clock. So when it vibrated I "hit the snooze button" then looked at the clock and realized it wasn't 6 a.m. yet. A phone call at 2:30 a.m.? Are you kidding me?)
=)
Kk.

teeth_smile.gif
copperhead said:
teeth_smile.gif
Samster said:
Just called son yesterday and he was installing a washer & dryer combo in LV. He told me it was 'lovely' there...100 degrees and breezy! But, there's no humidity. He said it was a bit of an issue having to run some of the venting thru the attic, tho.
It's been in the 90's here with high humidity. It's really what you're used to. And I'm not used to anything over 90 with high humidity!
There's definitely humidity here....we're not in the desert. ;-)

"Best price".... for a measly 2 night stay in peak season!!!.
Highlands John said:
"Best price".... for a measly 2 night stay in peak season!!!
"Your best price"? What they mean is "I don't want to pay for what your room is worth because I'm a cheap S.O.B." Why do people automatically assume that B&B owners are rich? I think we qualify for food stamps!

Back