North versus South

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
We all have our favorite and not-so-favorite states, but this morning is truly funny here. House equally divided between couples from above and below the Mason Dixon line. Say what you will about "Yankee crassness" etc, but the S L O W moving southerners have found each other and will NOT be budged from the breakfast table. NJ and NY have eaten and are up and out despite the pouring rain. LOVE IT!!!!

And believe me.....it's frustrating for us when others don't have the urgency that we do.
I certainly can appreciate a bit of the laid back attitude. I just think there is a fine line where it becomes disfunctional.
Am I biased.....you bet.....if you think about it. Most all are in regards to this subject.

Maybe it's similar to Europe, where the northern Europeans are the punctual, efficient Germans and Swedes, and the southern Europeans are the Italians and Spaniards, where 3-hour meals and siestas are an important part of the culture.
Northern Europeans laugh about the southerners, who they see as lazy. Southern Europeans consider themselves cultured and the northerners in too much of a hurry to enjoy life.

Wow......guess it's a global North, Southing thing. That's funny.
Edit:: to add
I have found that cities do not necessarily buy into the North, South...Active, laid back... stererotype

Them's fightin' words!
wink_smile.gif

Back