Norton Internet Security

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
If any of you use Norton Internet Security, they have come out with Version 10. This morning I was surprised by a pop up window telling me to click here to download the update. Well me being cautious, it took me about 1/2 hour on CHAT to finally find out this was legit. If you already have a subscription the download is free. So seems to be a good thing..but it is now in process of checking out all my system, watching my sites I visit etc etc. Hope the upgrade will be a good one. We'll see.

Have not paid for security for years. Had a major problem with Norton a couple of times and finally got wise. I use the free version of AVG plus Comodo Firewall and my 'puter is clean as a whistle.

We have Norton and have had for quite a few years with never a problem. I haven't seen a popup yet for the new upload. Thanks for letting us know that it's legit!

We have Norton and have had for quite a few years with never a problem. I haven't seen a popup yet for the new upload. Thanks for letting us know that it's legit!.
I have had problems with Norton asking for renewals when they were not due. They also take up a large amount of memory. I changed to Kaparsky and am much happier.
Riki

i used to have norton, but it kept trying to block something i needed to access.
since we are chiming in with what we use, i will put in a vote for eset smart security. i've had it for over a year and am still very pleased with it.

Back