Nose to the grindstone?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But mondays are not days off. Guests for breakfast, check outs, stripping rooms, cleaning, laundry. Monday is never a day off. No check ins that night maybe if you block it off.
We almost always have rooms booked on Sunday nights. Travelers for the most part.
Our occup is nothing like you Mainers, so we can book a day off if we see a 15 days stretch ahead and we do. Ahem, I do. Or we start to go for each others throats. DH gets all pathetic and uncared for like I am trying to neglect him and that only makes me mad as I am so tired that sleeping is a luxury..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
DH gets all pathetic and uncared for like I am trying to neglect him and that only makes me mad as I am so tired that sleeping is a luxury.
Amen sister!
"I'm sorry you had such a long day.... can we go out now?" [When I'd rather just go to bed...]
=)
Kk.

But mondays are not days off. Guests for breakfast, check outs, stripping rooms, cleaning, laundry. Monday is never a day off. No check ins that night maybe if you block it off.
We almost always have rooms booked on Sunday nights. Travelers for the most part.
Our occup is nothing like you Mainers, so we can book a day off if we see a 15 days stretch ahead and we do. Ahem, I do. Or we start to go for each others throats. DH gets all pathetic and uncared for like I am trying to neglect him and that only makes me mad as I am so tired that sleeping is a luxury..
See I NEVER took Guests on Sundays. After the weekend guests left..we did all the cleaning, laundry, etc etc..and then dropped from exhaustion about 5 pm. Then I knew everything was ready for the next guests..but NEVER on a MONDAY;-) Just the way I preferred to do things since mine was a lifestyle B & B...my lifestyle said "i want Mondays off!" :)

See I NEVER took Guests on Sundays. After the weekend guests left..we did all the cleaning, laundry, etc etc..and then dropped from exhaustion about 5 pm. Then I knew everything was ready for the next guests..but NEVER on a MONDAY;-) Just the way I preferred to do things since mine was a lifestyle B & B...my lifestyle said "i want Mondays off!" :)
We had a full house this weekend - 6 beds to make up this afternoon, plus all those big tubs plus showers. ugh. No way could we have been done by 5 pm with doing the laundry simultaneously, etc. Then, there were a few interesting complications..... One 2-room suite tonight which we had flipped today. Tomorrow is the dreaded ironing....

Back