Not a task I wanted today

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Refinishing a dresser. Guest put something on the dresser overnight and it took the finish right off. Have to go sand and poly before tonight. I may have to move another dresser in the room if someone wants the room tonight.

Sorry you are having to deal with that today. People have no idea what all we do day in and day out.
Interestingly, this last weekend 2 of the three couples staying with us spoke with us about all we must do around here, doing everything ourselves etc. When cleaning the rooms the room that left the tip - you guessed it, the 3rd couple and a nice crisp 20 at that!

Sorry you are having to deal with that today. People have no idea what all we do day in and day out.
Interestingly, this last weekend 2 of the three couples staying with us spoke with us about all we must do around here, doing everything ourselves etc. When cleaning the rooms the room that left the tip - you guessed it, the 3rd couple and a nice crisp 20 at that!.
All fixed up. Dry and looks a heckuva lot better than it did. It still needs a serious redo when I have more time.

Interestingly, this last weekend 2 of the three couples staying with us spoke with us about all we must do around here, doing everything ourselves etc. When cleaning the rooms the room that left the tip - you guessed it, the 3rd couple and a nice crisp 20 at that!.
All fixed up. Dry and looks a heckuva lot better than it did. It still needs a serious redo when I have more time.
Sorry you had to do it but happy it turned out so well.

No matter how many coasters, doilies or scarves I used, guests still managed to mark up the furniture. Over the years I have covered almost all of the horizontal surfaces in the guest rooms with glass. Now, I just wipe the glass and I'm done! And, I can still put doilies under the glass if I want to fru-fru it up a bit.
wink_smile.gif

Back