Not cleaning rooms on a stayover

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or you can go away for the day and leave it all to him and come back and pay for it big time when he is totally aggro. (Yes that was me last night). Punishment for having a special event to go to and leaving him to do it.
But then I get man, dang it, can I never leave this place on a saturday? The answer is....NO! YOU CANNOT!
No matter how appreciate you are and tell him how wonderful he is....
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Or you can go away for the day and leave it all to him and come back and pay for it big time when he is totally aggro. (Yes that was me last night). Punishment for having a special event to go to and leaving him to do it.
But then I get man, dang it, can I never leave this place on a saturday? The answer is....NO! YOU CANNOT!
No matter how appreciate you are and tell him how wonderful he is...
Nope. I won't get aggro. Because this is the 2 of us doing this we try not to get each other mad!

I am the DH and I can handle most things with supervision.
wink_smile.gif

Seriously, I don't know how some of you handle WITHOUT your husband's help. It just works so much better with us a dividing the tasks equally. Of course it helps that we're both retired..
I am leaving tomorrow morning for a 3-day Conference and my anniversary couple is here until after breakfast Tuesday. (Last week it was business travel and someone who likes me and has known us for years so they do not count.)
As soon as dinner is finished tonight I will start on breakfasts for the next 2 mornings. I will mix up a muffin batter today that I can bake tonight and will still be nice and moist Tuesday morning and will give batter for Thursday morning when I get back (Wednesday night guest with a Thursday class that I always provide coffee and muffins). I made an extra loaf of English muffin bread thi morning for the baked pineapple toast and the second loaf of French bread will make the bread pudding for Tuesday breakfast. Fruits for the fruit dishes will be in zip-loc bags for a "dump & stir" each morning. And since these folks drink tea, he does not have to worry about coffee.
Time to go start the whole wheat bread for DH while I am gone and making the manicotti for dinner tonight - made the pasta last night.
DH can take care of breakfast if I have it done so he just has to turn on the oven, take it out, put it on his cart and wheel it in (cannot carry anything - one crutch & cart works).
As for fluff, they are already primed for I will be gone.

No matter how appreciate you are and tell him how wonderful he is....
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
No matter how appreciate you are and tell him how wonderful he is...
Nope. I won't get aggro. Because this is the 2 of us doing this we try not to get each other mad!
Bree said:
That is the best comment I've heard about a couple who are innkeepers TOGETHER. Thanks, Bree, for putting my thoughts into words when I couldn't .... :)

Back