(not quite) Spring cleaning

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i was helping do some spring cleanup at a b&b
and their white porcelain kitchen sink had all brown stains in it. it's their dishwashing sink.
after trying baking soda which worked a little, i wasn't satisfied with how it looked. since this works on porcelain mugs, i decided to try dishwasher detergent. it worked beautifully! i squirted in a nice coating of that thick gel and worked it all around, sides too, left it on a few minutes then rinsed it all away. i noticed one of the ingredients is chlorine bleach, so rinse thoroughly if you do this. the innkeeper was so happy ... i asked if she wanted me to try cleaning an old porcelain tub ... it's a clawfoot and they were considering refinishing. this worked great, too. i don't know if it's too caustic to use several times, but it really brought back that tub. just thought i'd share.

Seashanty, are you available to do any innsitting? DH and I need to go to Boston for a few days in the next six weeks but are having a hard time finding the right days because of some advance reservations. Email me if you are interested.

Seashanty, are you available to do any innsitting? DH and I need to go to Boston for a few days in the next six weeks but are having a hard time finding the right days because of some advance reservations. Email me if you are interested..
muirford said:
Seashanty, are you available to do any innsitting? DH and I need to go to Boston for a few days in the next six weeks but are having a hard time finding the right days because of some advance reservations. Email me if you are interested.
Ditto here. We have a wedding that I wasn't going to attend, but would be able to if we had someone we could trust.

Seashanty, are you available to do any innsitting? DH and I need to go to Boston for a few days in the next six weeks but are having a hard time finding the right days because of some advance reservations. Email me if you are interested..
muirford said:
Ditto here. We have a wedding that I wasn't going to attend, but would be able to if we had someone we could trust.
Well, we will have to coordinate our dates - if we can make it to Boston I plan to make a little side trip to LL Bean, if you know what I mean...
shades_smile.gif

muirford said:
Well, we will have to coordinate our dates - if we can make it to Boston I plan to make a little side trip to LL Bean, if you know what I mean...
shades_smile.gif

muirford said:
shades_smile.gif
I just went to Bean last night and got a bunch of little girl clothes for the new grandchild. All pink stuff. Pink winter jacket (for next winter), pink fluffy hat with flowers. Uh oh. Watch out. After 3 boys, Grammie is having fun with the dresses and pink overalls!

Thanks for the handy tip. I just heard on PBS this morning about using waterless handsoap to remove stains. Has anyone tried that?

Thanks for the handy tip. I just heard on PBS this morning about using waterless handsoap to remove stains. Has anyone tried that?.
SweetiePie said:
Thanks for the handy tip. I just heard on PBS this morning about using waterless handsoap to remove stains. Has anyone tried that?
Be careful with that stuff! It also takes the finish off of wood furniture.
=)
Kk.

Good to know. I hadn't thought of using it for that. They were using it to remove stains from fabric.

Dish machine detergent is a life saver! I use it on our tubs, and this is the powder kind, I sprinkle it on my claw foot tubs and gently scrub it in and it cleans like a magic eraser, I also put some in the laundry with the laundry detergent it takes alot of stains out.

Back