Not Selling to the Married Men

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Sad to say - MARRIED MEN, but it is the unmarried who are buying my romance packages and add-ons. You married fellas know you buy flowers twice a year on Valentine's day and if you got in a fight!!
I am not going to waste my time marketing to you married dudes any longer...
smileystooges.gif

Married men "Hey I took you to a nice B&B didn't I"
Sing it with me ladies:
You don't buy me flowersssssssssssssssssssssss anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyymorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre...

That's not very nice. It's sexist and a very broad generalization. Some of us take very good care of our sweethearts.
heart.gif

JBJ don't make me put you on "ignore" LOL ;)

I said the same thing to DH and he said "you forgot anniversaries" and then he hugged me and laughed and walked away.
Hey it is pure marketing, I am speaking of the same sex,so it's not sexist. LOL!
I just discovered it today.
Funny thing is whenever my Dad is around and sees flowers he says "What did he do?" ha ha

Flowers are nice, but we have those in the B&B every day. It's the little things that we do that count. On second thought, it's the little things we do that can be so irritating.
wink_smile.gif

Whenever we have floral packages booked I tell hubs to get 'girlfriend flowers, not wife flowers.' He totally gets what that means. The only married guys that have booked flowers have done it because it's an anniversary. Not ever just because.

I said the same thing to DH and he said "you forgot anniversaries" and then he hugged me and laughed and walked away.
Hey it is pure marketing, I am speaking of the same sex,so it's not sexist. LOL!
Funny thing is whenever my Dad is around and sees flowers he says "What did he do?" ha ha.
True ...you are an anti-marriedmanite. :)
Funny thing is whenever my Dad is around and sees flowers he says "What did he do?"
That's what the teller at the shop says when I buy flowers. :(

PT you are off the hook, I am talking about those not living in a B&B who have flowers around for the guests. :)

Ahhh Bree a good point. Married flowers are...drum roll - red roses right? ha ha sorry this is too much fun.
wink_smile.gif

Funny thing is whenever my Dad is around and sees flowers he says "What did he do?" ha ha.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Funny thing is whenever my Dad is around and sees flowers he says "What did he do?" ha ha
I thought this very thought about my guests last week. He had added on EVERY one of my packages...Something different each day they were here.
It was something she said when she was here that made me understand...They have been married for 18 years and only started taking vacations the last 3. He was always too 'busy' before. I think he is makeing up for all those years...

Flowers are nice, but we have those in the B&B every day. It's the little things that we do that count. On second thought, it's the little things we do that can be so irritating.
wink_smile.gif
On second thought, it's the little things we do that can be so irritating
AMEN!!!!!!!

Ahhh Bree a good point. Married flowers are...drum roll - red roses right? ha ha sorry this is too much fun.
wink_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
No, 'married' flowers are whatever is beside the cash register for half off. 'Girlfriend' flowers ARE the roses and an assortment of other 'non-daisy' flowers. Last time he went he looked around at the $9.99 bunches and then went around the corner to the $12.99 and $14.99 bunches that he's never seen before. Eye opener! He knew exactly which ones to bring home for the guest. Me, I don't get flowers. Ever. He doesn't do anything wrong. Ever. Go ahead, ask him.
tounge_smile.gif

Here, in Miami, I routinely get 2 dozen roses for $5.00. Hard to believe, but we've got flower venders on every corner in this town, on every sidewalk, and they even go to office buildings downtown on a weekly schedule. I once got 2 dozen roses for $3.00. That's the cheapest I ever found them. So, as you can imagine, we usually have fresh long stem roses in the rooms and common areas.

wink_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
No, 'married' flowers are whatever is beside the cash register for half off. 'Girlfriend' flowers ARE the roses and an assortment of other 'non-daisy' flowers. Last time he went he looked around at the $9.99 bunches and then went around the corner to the $12.99 and $14.99 bunches that he's never seen before. Eye opener! He knew exactly which ones to bring home for the guest. Me, I don't get flowers. Ever. He doesn't do anything wrong. Ever. Go ahead, ask him.
tounge_smile.gif

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
No, 'married' flowers are whatever is beside the cash register for half off.
LOL that is too funny
teeth_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
tounge_smile.gif

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
No, 'married' flowers are whatever is beside the cash register for half off. '
Married flowers in my estimation are the most expensive ordered from a florist. No decisions should be made, they need to be red roses, and throw in some babies breath...isn't that what all women love?

wink_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
tounge_smile.gif

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
No, 'married' flowers are whatever is beside the cash register for half off. '
Married flowers in my estimation are the most expensive ordered from a florist. No decisions should be made, they need to be red roses, and throw in some babies breath...isn't that what all women love?
they need to be red roses, and throw in some babies breath...isn't that what all women love?
Nope! Several years ago we had a guest we dubbed Mr. Romance - he wanted 4 nights of romance for his lady. The day she was to get flowers he wanted me to have 4 dozen red carnations because that was her favorite flower. (He said that she does not like roses.)

wink_smile.gif
AMEN!!!!!!!
gillumhouse said:
AMEN!!!!!!!
Can't live with us.....can't live with out us.
lol-053.gif

wink_smile.gif
AMEN!!!!!!!
gillumhouse said:
AMEN!!!!!!!
Can't live with us.....can't live with out us.
lol-053.gif

Can't live with us.....can't live with out us
Ummmmmmm!!! Amen

Back