Not too much to ask is it?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Here is an inquiry I got this morning...
Good Morning,
I am looking for a B&B for a Christmas present for my sister. We lost our mother and Christmas needs to be different this year. Special considerations include:
• My sister is 8o and can’t climb stairs. She needs a ground floor unit.
• She has a small dog with which she travels. The dog is well behaved and trained to outdoors. Not a barker or problem. I would be willing to pay a fee if you will accommodate her pet.
• We will need a suite or 2 rooms for 2 nights: Arrive 12/24 (noon) and leave 12/26. Could stay a third night if rooms are available.
Thanks, Sally
What do you think guys? an 80 year old with a well behaved dog (the lady cannot get outside but the dog can) coming in Christmas eve at noon and leaving boxing day? She is 80 and just lost her mother? Is this a joke from one of you?
I already got the "Good day Madm and Sir we have 7 priests coming to your area in October...spam.

Just wondering how this came from our website email link, none of the above can be accomodated here and it is spelled out very clearly, and we do not have rooms open over Christmas.

Sounds real to me...nice that it is bulleted, that's what you like, right? That she didn't spend a moment reading your website sounds par. Why read when you can cut and paste that email 10 times and wait for responses? Didn't I mention that woman I got who said all the websites were so different she was tired of trying to figure them all out?

The things that get me are the playing on the symphonies? Man I need more coffee...SYMPATHIES. The dog can get up and go, but the owner can't...oh and btw we can stay an extra night...dangle that carrot.
I don't believe it for one second. I am not responding.
Anyone who can BULLET an email inquiry can read my website!! HA HA

Hmmm. I don't know who may have sent this..but my reply.
I am sorry but we are closed for Christmas!

The things that get me are the playing on the symphonies? Man I need more coffee...SYMPATHIES. The dog can get up and go, but the owner can't...oh and btw we can stay an extra night...dangle that carrot.
I don't believe it for one second. I am not responding.
Anyone who can BULLET an email inquiry can read my website!! HA HA.
I wouldn't get into any of the "special" requirements. I would just reply as Catlady said, "So sorry, but we don't even have availability for the dates you're requesting." Bye!

Only the Mother died and sis is 80 rings as a possible. It is not unusual for us to have folks over 100 in our obits page. A man I knew in town died at 69 - 8 years later his Dad died and then 2 years after that his Mother died.
My children have no appreciation for what I am trying to do for them!!!

Only the Mother died and sis is 80 rings as a possible. It is not unusual for us to have folks over 100 in our obits page. A man I knew in town died at 69 - 8 years later his Dad died and then 2 years after that his Mother died.
My children have no appreciation for what I am trying to do for them!!!.
Heck, they wouldn't have to be over 100 here. There are a lot of people that started early...very early...even back in the day.

My children have no appreciation for what I am trying to do for them!!!.
Heck, they wouldn't have to be over 100 here. There are a lot of people that started early...very early...even back in the day.
Even now babies are having babies. it seems Hollyweird keeps pushing the envelope of sexy and whatever you want to do is OK.

Just got a call from a friend with an odd reservation request...person is claustrophobic, has cane, just had hip surgery. One room open for first night is bright and airy, second room open for second night is not so much that way. Person still wants to book. Innkeeper not so sure so calls me to see what I have avail. The room I have open has 3 windows and huge window in bathroom, which is the most claustrophobia-inducing room in any house, usually. We'll see if guest calls here.

Just got a call from a friend with an odd reservation request...person is claustrophobic, has cane, just had hip surgery. One room open for first night is bright and airy, second room open for second night is not so much that way. Person still wants to book. Innkeeper not so sure so calls me to see what I have avail. The room I have open has 3 windows and huge window in bathroom, which is the most claustrophobia-inducing room in any house, usually. We'll see if guest calls here..
GHeez Louise!!!! WHat kind of calls you get??? I cannot believe them!!! Claustrophobic...I can only imagine what is next ..you keep me guessing for sure!!!! If I were you...I would have closed my doors long ago..I could not put up with the things you do.....sorry.. You are in my thoughts!!!

Just got a call from a friend with an odd reservation request...person is claustrophobic, has cane, just had hip surgery. One room open for first night is bright and airy, second room open for second night is not so much that way. Person still wants to book. Innkeeper not so sure so calls me to see what I have avail. The room I have open has 3 windows and huge window in bathroom, which is the most claustrophobia-inducing room in any house, usually. We'll see if guest calls here..
GHeez Louise!!!! WHat kind of calls you get??? I cannot believe them!!! Claustrophobic...I can only imagine what is next ..you keep me guessing for sure!!!! If I were you...I would have closed my doors long ago..I could not put up with the things you do.....sorry.. You are in my thoughts!!!
catlady said:
I never knew I had any claustrophobia until I went in the caverns in the Sierra's. Being under the earth 200 feet single file with someon's feet right above my head as we descended really freaked me out. I broke out in a cold sweat and felt nauseated. Not all caverns, just the tight steep ones. I understand now how people feel when they get it, I felt like someone was sucking the air out of my chest.

catlady said:
I never knew I had any claustrophobia until I went in the caverns in the Sierra's. Being under the earth 200 feet single file with someon's feet right above my head as we descended really freaked me out. I broke out in a cold sweat and felt nauseated. Not all caverns, just the tight steep ones. I understand now how people feel when they get it, I felt like someone was sucking the air out of my chest.
I was actually just commenting on ANOTHER WEIRD REQUEST for Bree! I understand the claustrophobia. we have had guests who were afraid to go into the Luray Caverns. And there is nothing claustrophobic about them at all. But just the fact of going underground I guess.

i have no answer to the claustrophobia booking
as for the lady with an 80 year old sis and newly deceased mom, i guess it's possible.
but, do you take pets for a fee? i thought you did not.
and do you have the kind of rooms they are looking for?
i get folks who look at the website and then get tired of reading all the info so they just call or email and ask rather than trying to find the answer on the site. just spent some time with an aunt with failing eye sight. after about 15 minutes looking at a computer screen, she can't stand it any more.

as for the lady with an 80 year old sis and newly deceased mom, i guess it's possible.
i get folks who look at the website and then get tired of reading all the info so they just call or email and ask rather than trying to find the answer on the site. just spent some time with an aunt with failing eye sight. after about 15 minutes looking at a computer screen, she can't stand it any more..
seashanty said:
i get folks who look at the website and then get tired of reading all the info so they just call or email and ask rather than trying to find the answer on the site. just spent some time with an aunt with failing eye sight. after about 15 minutes looking at a computer screen, she can't stand it any more.
Everything she asked for was a no. Our check in time is even a no, we don't check in at noon, esp on Christmas eve! ha ha I thought it was someone here pulling me leg, it was so far off the mark for our B&B.
I am still impressed that she bulleted her requirements tho since her sister is 80,she would be up there in years as well. GO GRANNY.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
I think it is fake

i get folks who look at the website and then get tired of reading all the info so they just call or email and ask rather than trying to find the answer on the site. just spent some time with an aunt with failing eye sight. after about 15 minutes looking at a computer screen, she can't stand it any more..
That is why I keep telling everyone. DO NOT put so much text on your pages. PEOPLE DO NOT READ IT. KEY POINTS in BULLET FORMAT..short and sweet..that is they way the eye read.
confused_smile.gif
People do not want to scroll and scroll and scroll. they will leave your site.
Or photos with captions...are a good thing..but again..not too many.

Don't worry about me...it puts spice in my life. And the call went to a friend, so it's not just me who gets this stuff!

seashanty said:
Everything she asked for was a no. Our check in time is even a no, we don't check in at noon, esp on Christmas eve! ha ha I thought it was someone here pulling me leg, it was so far off the mark for our B&B.
I am still impressed that she bulleted her requirements tho since her sister is 80,she would be up there in years as well. GO GRANNY.
I think it is fake
all no ? that makes absolutely no sense. sounds almost like someone trying to set you up.
sorry to say ........

seashanty said:
I think it is fake
all no ? that makes absolutely no sense. sounds almost like someone trying to set you up.
sorry to say ........
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
I gotta say (and I didn't send the email, btw, in case anyone's wondering why I keep defending it) it's a pretty typical email for me. Minus the bulleted list. Can you do this, that or the other thing? The dog especially. I'm always getting dog inquiries for rooms other than the one that expressly allows dogs. And checking in and out on a holiday is par around here. Guests are here to visit family and don't want to spend a dime more than necessary. Arrive at 9 PM or later (after dinner) on T-Day and checkout the next day. Or, check-in at noon so they can get to dinner.

Back