Nothing could prepare me for this!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew a fellow who had gotten "jungle rot" on his feet while in vietnam... don't think it ever went away... stinks horribly!

My daughter the cop says the first thing they do is brew a pot of coffee and light cigars when they have to remove someone "who was not found for a while" shall we say for current delicate stomachs. The combo covers the aroma wafting in the apartment enough to make it possible for them to do what is necessary..
Vicks Vapo Rub or some other menthol under the nose helps a lot.
Samster said:
Vicks Vapo Rub or some other menthol under the nose helps a lot.
It works too. That is what I use if I have to haul a stallion in the same trailer with mares. I wipe it in the stallions nostrils and then he can't smell the ladies....and I don't get my trailer kicked to bits....and everyone arrives to our destination in one piece.

I knew a fellow who had gotten "jungle rot" on his feet while in vietnam... don't think it ever went away... stinks horribly!.
greyswan said:
I knew a fellow who had gotten "jungle rot" on his feet while in vietnam... don't think it ever went away... stinks horribly!
Hmmm...could be.

I am so sorry I am laughing so hard but I know it is not funny to you. How about throwing them away or burning them. Wait don't burn them the smell will be all over the neighborhood.
Tell the guest you went in and couldn't quite see but you thought there was a dead rat so you threw a trash bag over it and took it to the yard and burried it. You hope the smell didn't over come them too.

I am so sorry I am laughing so hard but I know it is not funny to you. How about throwing them away or burning them. Wait don't burn them the smell will be all over the neighborhood.
Tell the guest you went in and couldn't quite see but you thought there was a dead rat so you threw a trash bag over it and took it to the yard and burried it. You hope the smell didn't over come them too.

There is lysol in the room near the toilet. I just stepped outside to get some air and thankfully there is a wind blowing out there. I think I have held my breath for 30 minutes solid. I am not going back in there to lysol, it is there. What about the linens? I have a really nice set for that bed!!! The smell will permeate everything...I am going to puke. bye.
oh wow, not just the linens, the mattress.
We had a guy once that had such stinky feet, we literally had to throw the mattress away.

Please don't tell me that. They are nearly gone...have to check out is all. I am going straight up and spray lysol in that closet. I am not wanting to barf this morning...please, no...
Worst part is the wife gave me a gift last night. Very sweet people. SWEET is the word.

Why not combat the dirty sock smell with grampa cologne. They should cancel each other out.
tounge_smile.gif

She left carrying a plastic trash bag, believe it or not the smell was not as bad today!
She probably came back and saw I had been in there and freaked! I nearly emptied an entire can of lysol country scent and have it all airing out. I sprayed the linens prior to stripping just to disinfect before washing everything...glad no one is in that room tonight!!! This is why you need standby quilts/coverlets for every room.

Let us know how it turns out. Wife's nose must not work anymore.....who could live with that????!!!!!!!!!!

She left carrying a plastic trash bag, believe it or not the smell was not as bad today!
She probably came back and saw I had been in there and freaked! I nearly emptied an entire can of lysol country scent and have it all airing out. I sprayed the linens prior to stripping just to disinfect before washing everything...glad no one is in that room tonight!!! This is why you need standby quilts/coverlets for every room..
Joe Bloggs said:
She probably came back and saw I had been in there and freaked! I nearly emptied an entire can of lysol country scent and have it all airing out. I sprayed the linens prior to stripping just to disinfect before washing everything...glad no one is in that room tonight!!! This is why you need standby quilts/coverlets for every room.
Don't take any chances! Burn everything!
smiley-char124.gif

Back