O' What A Night -

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Like many we had a hellacious storm last night. Guests had checked in ~ 15 minutes early because they were run out of the big city to beat the storm there. They had gone out to dinner and we did as well. During dinner, it hit... Power out all over the town. We rushed to finish and headed home cautiously, trees down in the road...
So we head down our little windy road and come to the drive, completely covered with large branches from one of the oaks, several fell right where our car would normally be. One just missed the guests rental car!!!
As we were clearing the drive to get in the guy guests came out to help. They said they had just gotten up to their rooms and bammmm. Lights out and the emergency lights came on. After, I brought up some additional flashlights and they were in one room all laughing. They said 'this is our fault, every time we travel together something happens" Could be, they had taken the train down and it had engine trouble and was stopped for 3 hours the day before.
~~~ Had to stop with the post, too much laughing at the table, had to find out what was so funny! - One couple had propped open their balcony door to let in some breeze - our black cat found the opening and made his way in... the wife woke her husband 'there's a cat in here', hubby says yeah, right. Not until the cat meowed again did the hubby jump, they love cats but she said if that cat had jumped in the bed the whole house would have heard her. Then, not to be out done, the other couple started with their story. Joe (not real name) was preparing for bed (picture the Jack Sprat rhyme) with only the aid of flashlight he found a blue pair of pants and put them on, he got into bed and just started wiggling around, these pants just don't feel right, I think they got messed up in the wash or something. She was wondering what it could be, turned on the flashlight and found he had put on her capris -
Glad we have guests with good sence of humor!!!! Today all sunny and bright & much cooler... NOW time to go clean up the yard.

Too funny! Glad you have folks with a sense of fun and humor. Also glad you escaped without any major damage, those storms were terrible.

Glad everything worked out great! That's the kind of story you'll look back on and cherish.

cry_smile.gif

and
cheers.gif

Glad all is well. Guests like the ones you have now are what keep us going when we get stuck with the PITAs.

LOL-how funny its great when you have guests like that-the capri story almost had me bahwaahing and the boss and three ladies eating lunch-
Some poeple find rainbows in all the rain and it makes for a memorable and funny trip.
Congrats!

GREAT story! (Not about the downed tree limbs, but the guest humor) Gotta love guests like that.
cheers.gif

We got the storms after you. We lost power for about 2.5 hours after midnight. There's some minor debris but nothing major. Luckily, because I'm winding up the repairs from the huge tree falling on our house in the Fall. New roof held up super!

GREAT story! (Not about the downed tree limbs, but the guest humor) Gotta love guests like that.
cheers.gif

We got the storms after you. We lost power for about 2.5 hours after midnight. There's some minor debris but nothing major. Luckily, because I'm winding up the repairs from the huge tree falling on our house in the Fall. New roof held up super!.
Good to hear all OK over there... many of my friends reported some major stuff not far from you. Mother Nature needs to take a sedative. LOL

cheers.gif

We got the storms after you. We lost power for about 2.5 hours after midnight. There's some minor debris but nothing major. Luckily, because I'm winding up the repairs from the huge tree falling on our house in the Fall. New roof held up super!.
Good to hear all OK over there... many of my friends reported some major stuff not far from you. Mother Nature needs to take a sedative. LOL
Same hear about how y'all fared. Yeah, after living all across the US my DH says that our next move needs to be where they haven't heard of tornado boxes.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

cheers.gif

Same hear about how y'all fared. Yeah, after living all across the US my DH says that our next move needs to be where they haven't heard of tornado boxes.

Samster said:
my DH says that our next move needs to be where they haven't heard of tornado boxes.
nat%20dis.jpg

cheers.gif

We have innkeepers in our Assoc who moved to WV because they were looking for a place that did not have hurricanes or tornadoes.She is orig. from Zimbabwe and he from South Africa. They now live on top of a mountain with black bears roaming around (they consider themselves as the intruders, not the bears).
Although we do not have either of the above, we ARE prone to floods since much of our State is straight UP and there are a lot of creeks, rivers, and streams to fill the valleys and over-flow the banks. I guess that is why we like to live on the hilltops. We do not have the problem of Cali with the house sliding down the hill because we have more rock than dirt.

" Do what you will summer will have its flies" or something along those lines...

cheers.gif

Samster said:
my DH says that our next move needs to be where they haven't heard of tornado boxes.
nat%20dis.jpg

Innkeep said:
Samster said:
nat%20dis.jpg
Love ya, Innkeep, great minds and all that! haha...pretty much what I told him that we're not safe from most disasters in locations where we'd want to live...

cheers.gif

Samster said:
nat%20dis.jpg

Innkeep said:
Samster said:
nat%20dis.jpg
Love ya, Innkeep, great minds and all that! haha...pretty much what I told him that we're not safe from most disasters in locations where we'd want to live...
There's still Cleveland!

Living the California dream is not all its cracked up to be. Same old day after day after day, no change in seasons to look forward to. I met a lady who moved from DC to San Diego and now lives here, they have a productions company. I asked her where she lived in SD and she said, well it is an odd story, we rented a house in La Jolla and our landlord was murdered in his bed and everyone had to move and find somewhere else to live.
No, not that odd, that is what it is in Southern Calf, not an unusual story.
Yes stuff happens everywhere, but you have to pick what is most important on the list and the rest if gravy so to speak.

Back