Oat Bran

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
A repeat offender presented me with a huge bag of oat bran this morning. I have never used the stuff. Any ideas of something simple and delicious I can do with it while he's here?

Muffins. Any kind, just sub the oatbran for some of the flour.

Muffins. Any kind, just sub the oatbran for some of the flour..
oat bran! i love it. i cook it up and eat it like oatmeal. it only takes like 2 minutes on the stove, sits 2 minutes. very filling. no one in the house where i live wants to try it. as though i'm trying to force it on them. hey, i am happy they keep their mitts off. the kind i buy is bob's red mill. i don't know about cooking with it ... it's more like fine oatmeal so i don't know about substituting it for some flour. why not keep it in the fridge or freezer to keep it fresh for guests who might like it? i've switched from oatmeal to this stuff.

You can use it in muffins (bran muffins) or trade 1/2 cup of oat bran for 1/2 cup of flour in any recipe (I did it with breads). It is supposed to be healthier. I went through an oat bran stage with DH. Thankfully, he grew out of it. I had to go to Morgantown to get it.

You can use it in muffins (bran muffins) or trade 1/2 cup of oat bran for 1/2 cup of flour in any recipe (I did it with breads). It is supposed to be healthier. I went through an oat bran stage with DH. Thankfully, he grew out of it. I had to go to Morgantown to get it..
Hey Gillum, I've been too busy to be on here much lately, but I see you're on your big trip. Your mention of Neushwanstein brought back happy memories of my visit there about 10 years ago. Hope you're having a wonderful time---and thanks for the oat bran tips.

Cookies. My world famous (haha) chocolate chip inn cookies included ground oatmeal in the recipe along with flour. Lends a nice texture to the cookies. Yummy.

Back