Oatmeal Popular?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjsgeorgia

Reaction score
Since I'm a rookie, just wondering if oatmeal is popular in the cooler months. Today was our first really cool monrning in the N. Georgia mts. (44 degrees...hallalujah!) and I like oatmeal but just wondered if guests do. Any good recipes? Have any of you tried the overnight in the crock pot oatmeal? Thanks!
Mary Jo

I haven't tried the crockpot recipe for oatmeal... will do that one of these days. I'll add a recipe for baked oatmeal that I found on Allrecipes.com

I would like it...provided there were other things besides oatmeal being served.

Oatmeal is like serving broccoli to a kid, imnvho, at a B&B. Unless it is part of a boo-fay breakfast and guests can choose it or not choose. A hot breakfast is in order for sure.

Oatmeal is like serving broccoli to a kid, imnvho, at a B&B. Unless it is part of a boo-fay breakfast and guests can choose it or not choose. A hot breakfast is in order for sure..
Of course I would be serving a hot breakfast also, just wanted to maybe add oatmeal as a side item.

I serve the baked oatmeal as a starter since it is filled with fruit. Warmed milk or half & half is a nice addition... I usually check with guests prior to make sure they like oatmeal.. it's a texture thing!

Oatmeal is like serving broccoli to a kid, imnvho, at a B&B. Unless it is part of a boo-fay breakfast and guests can choose it or not choose. A hot breakfast is in order for sure..
Of course I would be serving a hot breakfast also, just wanted to maybe add oatmeal as a side item.
OK...with your glowing reviews on your breakfast, I would not be serving oatmeal there unless it's in a little side ramekin or something. jmvvho...

Back