Ocean City, MD? Recommends?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
A friend is asking for recommends of B & B in Ocean City, MD. I gave her a Google link but thought I would ask if anyone knows of any particularly nice, fun, neat, or yea, I would stay there.

Unless the friend is under 20 I wouldn't recommend OC at all!

I know Ocean City, New Jersey but have never been to Ocean City, Maryland.

I know Ocean City, New Jersey but have never been to Ocean City, Maryland..
OC, MD is one long boardwalk with nothing but young kids in cars with those awful speakers. I almost had to leave before my vacation was over it was so loud, so young and so expensive (15 years ago nothing in the town itself was under $150). We ended up staying 30 miles inland just to have some peace & quiet at night!

Ocean City, Md is where we went when I was in high school. It's a party kind of place. There are some nicer places at the upper end of the Boardwalk but I much prefer the Delaware beaches now.

I'm with Bree... unless young and likes partying, not OC, MD. Rehoboth is much nicer. Or even OC, NJ. If the goal is beach and swimming, I highly recommend Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware, and I believe there are B&B's in that area. Just south of OC, MD is Assateague Island State Park, also great for beach and swimming.
Of course, the place for B&B's and the beach is Cape May, NJ. LOTS of them there.
=)
Kk.

I'm with Bree... unless young and likes partying, not OC, MD. Rehoboth is much nicer. Or even OC, NJ. If the goal is beach and swimming, I highly recommend Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware, and I believe there are B&B's in that area. Just south of OC, MD is Assateague Island State Park, also great for beach and swimming.
Of course, the place for B&B's and the beach is Cape May, NJ. LOTS of them there.
=)
Kk..
If she is heading in that direction, forget party town and head to the Eastern SHore of VA...Chincoteague and Assateague are very nice places. We loved to ride our bikes in the park there. Summer is very busy, but not the partying like on the boardwalk.

We have relatives who rent a townhouse in Ocean City. It's in a nice neighborhood along the bay side, within walking distance to the beach at 32nd street. The neighborhood specifically discourages renting to "teenagers who want to party", so it's a nice quiet spot.
It's probably too big for a couple, but for a group or a family with kids it's perfect. We stayed there earlier in the summer and had a great time.
Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.vrbo.com/163305

Back