October 16-18 Weekend Wide Open?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I have this big open chasm on my rez software for the Weekend.Oct 16-18 It is very strange. Weekend before is okay, weekend after is okay, but that weekend NOTHING (one room on Monday). Does anyone else have this as well?
I have gone into webervations twice to make sure there was no snafu there, and all is well. hm, is this a weekend people do Fall cleaning at home or something typically?
(Edited to correct date error, I thought it was Columbus weekend, that is the weekend prior)

That's what I thought! Whew. I was worried there for a minute. Our college has it's annual Parent's Weekend the 16-18 of October...God love 'em...right in the middle of Fall Foliage!

That is typically the peak for our fall colors...right now we're full Wed-Sat night, with rooms also booked Sunday night.

Saturday & Sunday: October 10 -11,2009 at the Page County Fairgrounds in Luray VA

The Page County Heritage Festival is a two-day annual event which is always held on the Columbus Day observed weekend, in October.
So....Columbus Day is celebrated Oct. 12. this year. The only way I know is because our Heritage Festival is that weekend.
Everyone I know around here is totally booked all OCT weekends already and many into the weekdays.

oh is it? Well then the weekend AFTER Columbus I have a black hole. OOPS SORRY!

last summer (2008) we had 2 random weekdays in the middle of July that went unreserved. not even any inquiries about these 2 days. Completely uncharacteristic considering that where i live, July 7 August are the peak of peak season. we thought it was kinda odd but we were thankful for the 2 days off in midseason.

last summer (2008) we had 2 random weekdays in the middle of July that went unreserved. not even any inquiries about these 2 days. Completely uncharacteristic considering that where i live, July 7 August are the peak of peak season. we thought it was kinda odd but we were thankful for the 2 days off in midseason..
mollysmom said:
last summer (2008) we had 2 random weekdays in the middle of July that went unreserved. not even any inquiries about these 2 days. Completely uncharacteristic considering that where i live, July 7 August are the peak of peak season. we thought it was kinda odd but we were thankful for the 2 days off in midseason.
When all the forces in the universe align and the planets...
Yeah it is odd. Makes me curious and I may never know. I hope they get booked though!

last summer (2008) we had 2 random weekdays in the middle of July that went unreserved. not even any inquiries about these 2 days. Completely uncharacteristic considering that where i live, July 7 August are the peak of peak season. we thought it was kinda odd but we were thankful for the 2 days off in midseason..
mollysmom said:
When all the forces in the universe align and the planets...
Yeah it is odd. Makes me curious and I may never know. I hope they get booked though!
Maybe folks are waiting to see what the fall color does? SO it may be a last minute thing for a leaf peeper trip.

Jo Bloggs said:
I have this big open chasm on my rez software for the Weekend.Oct 16-18 It is very strange. Weekend before is okay, weekend after is okay, but that weekend NOTHING (one room on Monday). Does anyone else have this as well?
I have gone into webervations twice to make sure there was no snafu there, and all is well. hm, is this a weekend people do Fall cleaning at home or something typically?
(Edited to correct date error, I thought it was Columbus weekend, that is the weekend prior)
No problems here. That is peak for us and a festival weekend, so I am completely booked.

I have one room night on Thursday and one that weekend. I have no clue why it's wide open like that. BUT, I have been getting lots of last minute calls for next week, so maybe it's just people waiting until the last minute??
The rest of the month is pretty busy. It's curious......

Back