October Revenue

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If you compare from last year were you up, down or on a par?
Any major changes or influencing factors?

Way down. Worst October ever. Crappy weather. Early leaf season. Threat of storm at the end of the month.

RezKey tells me I am up 13% this October over last year. WOOHOO!!

Down by 8% for Oct., but we closed for one week during the month to catch our breath so that would definitely explain the difference. Overall we are looking good for the year so far at 5% above the total for 2011. We went up in our prices but still had better occupancy.

More rooms night booked but less revenue because the lesser priced rooms were chosen above the more expensive ones.

I don't have revenue figures from POs for October, but we didn't hit their room #s from last year. Makes me mad because the owner raised our prices mid-month. Messed us all up! We ended up with 49% occupancy for the month. I expect that during our second year under new ownership we'll see the numbers higher than 2012. There was no repeat business from POs and we've already have repeat business from since we took over. We're hopeful!

we are down definately - its due to not having as many conferences on - however the ones that normally come in September have come in November instead so its going to be a loony November!

Up 70 %! (most expensive room booked most!)
regular_smile.gif

Sandy took a nice chunk out of our October, but most of those folks moved to this week so November will be better than usual. Even Steven
teeth_smile.gif

Back