Odd Guestbook Entry

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am surprised at how many people would leave this in, but you know, if the positions expressed on this topic are any indication of how many would get a kick out of it and how many would be turned off, I'm counting 9 to 7 in favor of leaving it in. Who'da thunk it ...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Personally, I would still take it out, but that's just me..
SecondAct said:
I too am surprised at how many people would leave this in, but you know, if the positions expressed on this topic are any indication of how many would get a kick out of it and how many would be turned off, I'm counting 9 to 7 in favor of leaving it in. Who'da thunk it ...
Personally, I would still take it out, but that's just me.
The one offended guest would be the one to write a bad TA review...that's all I'm sayin' - stuff like this could go terribly wrong. Just be careful.
The innkeeper is not responsible for what guests write in the guest book. The only thing I would take out of it would be something that was derogatory about the place or other guests etc.
I think we have become too fearful of a bad TA review already. Pretty soon everything will become so PC it will all be plain vanilla. This is the kind of thing that gives a place character.

Personally, I would still take it out, but that's just me..
SecondAct said:
Personally, I would still take it out, but that's just me.
The one offended guest would be the one to write a bad TA review...that's all I'm sayin' - stuff like this could go terribly wrong. Just be careful.
The innkeeper is not responsible for what guests write in the guest book. The only thing I would take out of it would be something that was derogatory about the place or other guests etc.
I think we have become too fearful of a bad TA review already. Pretty soon everything will become so PC it will all be plain vanilla. This is the kind of thing that gives a place character.
SweetiePie said:
It is the guests choice to write something derogatory as well...why do we take that out? This is what I mean. I would not want to offend future guests in that room, and yes the offended ones would be the ones to write a TA review, isn't it always them? It is not being fearful, it is being smart.

Here is why I would leave it in. If it is removed, there is eveidence that a page was removed. Why was it removed will be the question asked - at least mentally - by everyone who sees the book. Better to leave it and be done with it. It will soon be buried in the book as others write sensible comments.

Leave it!! Lovemaking doesn't have to mean sex anyway but apart from that what do couples do?? It's life and it's just fine. Don't tear it out - would look bad in your book.

Yuck.....! When I first read it I thought they were referring to a foursome (sorry....
embaressed_smile.gif
). To me it's a little too much peace, love and hippy-ness..
GeorgiaGirl said:
Yuck.....! When I first read it I thought they were referring to a foursome (sorry....
embaressed_smile.gif
). To me it's a little too much peace, love and hippy-ness.
My first thought as well.
embaressed_smile.gif
, then I read that Georgia had the same thought!
whattha.gif
- If it were mine, that page would be history as I sure would not want others to think that way of me. (sorry, my mind is in the gutter.)

I don't get what the warmth of the innkeepers has to do with the lovemaking...I think it could be read the wrong way as several others did above. It's just a really weird comment...I wouldn't want to read it as a guest.

I don't get what the warmth of the innkeepers has to do with the lovemaking...I think it could be read the wrong way as several others did above. It's just a really weird comment...I wouldn't want to read it as a guest..
InnsiderInfo said:
I don't get what the warmth of the innkeepers has to do with the lovemaking...I think it could be read the wrong way as several others did above. It's just a really weird comment...I wouldn't want to read it as a guest.
It helped to make the room "alive"
wink_smile.gif

I don't get what the warmth of the innkeepers has to do with the lovemaking...I think it could be read the wrong way as several others did above. It's just a really weird comment...I wouldn't want to read it as a guest..
InnsiderInfo said:
It helped to make the room "alive"
wink_smile.gif

I still don't get it.

So then y'all suggest I should leave the lipstick mark I found on the headboard?
Yes, it is true, I could never make something like that up.
Nope, other guests don't need to be reminded what went on before them, they think they are the only guests there. Just like reminders about provolactics in a guest room/bathroom, it would be terribly offensive to some of our antiquated guests..
In the same vein. This was a comment left in response to the PAII article in USA Today.
"Quite a few of the 'under the radar' B&Bs are owned by couples who are swingers. Makes for a pretty interesting weekend! We went to an inn in Manchester VT and the female owner showed me around while my wife took a nap and she made it very clear that some swinging fun could be had. Hooha!"
Has anyone heard anything about this trend? I know we have a nudist B&B in our city but I doubt it provides this type of entertainment.

So then y'all suggest I should leave the lipstick mark I found on the headboard?
Nope, other guests don't need to be reminded what went on before them, they think they are the only guests there. Just like reminders about provolactics in a guest room/bathroom, it would be terribly offensive to some of our antiquated guests..
In the same vein. This was a comment left in response to the PAII article in USA Today.
"Quite a few of the 'under the radar' B&Bs are owned by couples who are swingers. Makes for a pretty interesting weekend! We went to an inn in Manchester VT and the female owner showed me around while my wife took a nap and she made it very clear that some swinging fun could be had. Hooha!"
Has anyone heard anything about this trend? I know we have a nudist B&B in our city but I doubt it provides this type of entertainment.
SweetiePie said:
Have we seen the PAII article? Care to post it inn the news? Under th radar?
Naw nudist places are too busy playing volleyball to get into anything else... Sorry, I could not resist.

SweetiePie said:
Have we seen the PAII article? Care to post it inn the news? Under th radar?
Naw nudist places are too busy playing volleyball to get into anything else... Sorry, I could not resist.
It's the same one you posted a few weeks ago about "B&Bs Host Recession-Weary Travelers".

SweetiePie said:
WOW, maybe I should send my neighbors to one of those b&b's, they are into swinging! Seriously..........
confused_smile.gif

Leave it and keep your book intact, however, you might censor the text with a blackmarker or a sticker - out of respect for your more 'antiquated' guest?
This room was alive xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the entire weekend. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Surrounded by the warmth of this house and it's keepers, how could it be otherwise?

Leave it and keep your book intact, however, you might censor the text with a blackmarker or a sticker - out of respect for your more 'antiquated' guest?
This room was alive xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the entire weekend. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Surrounded by the warmth of this house and it's keepers, how could it be otherwise?.
That's worse than leaving it intact. No only do you look like a fuddy duddy innkeeper; people's imagination will be much worse than the reality.

This room was alive xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the entire weekend. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Surrounded by the warmth of this house and it's keepers, how could it be otherwise?.
That's worse than leaving it intact. No only do you look like a fuddy duddy innkeeper; people's imagination will be much worse than the reality.
SweetiePie said:
I agree, Just tape a glow in the dark con dom to the other page.
shades_smile.gif

SweetiePie said:
I've seen a similar comment on the Fodor's forum in commentary on B&Bs. I frankly thought it was someone who spent a little too much time reading the Penthouse Forum and who was just looking to get a rise out of other posters, so to speak. Of course, there is the infamous B&B in Weirton, WV which has made INN the News several times over the years...

Back