Odor Eliminator

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
www.Magic-zymes.com
I said I would report back my findings...from an email to some innmates:
I have recvd the two small spray bottle samples of that Odor Eliminator.
Here is the story...true in its entirety...I think I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS FAMILY WITH A NOSE. I went into the kitchen and smell that STRONG GARBAGE SMELL. Which I FINALLY have learned is a decomposing mouse – as they always try to come in in the FALL and ALWAYS DO!
Under the sink, caught in one of my three traps is the dead mouse.
PUTRIFYING, REALLY. I ran and grabbed that magic zymes spray and sprayed it and sure enough it neutralized it. I WILL RECOMMEND THIS NOW! NOTHING IS WORSE than that smell. I couldn't deal with the mouse for fear o upchucking, I had to move everything out from under the sink - meanwhile the stench was wafting out into the kitchen.
from JB if you purchase this product please tell them I referred you. They have a pgrm to give a discount to those who refer. I just read that as I got their website for this.

In fact, I'm going to share this with my Hatteras friends. These old vessels have a foam filled keel which often gets water in it and festers. They call it "that Hatteras smell" because you only come across that smell in a Hatteras. Fortunately, I don't have it! :) The fix is to drill a hole in the keel when they are out of the water in the yard and let it drain for days or weeks, then re-epoxy the hole before launching the boat back into the water. The smell is so bothersome to some, that some people inject acetone to melt the foam and then inject new foam.. If this stuff can neutralize a dead, decaying mouse, I wonder if it could do wonders on "that Hatteras smell." Hummm......

They have a variety of products, they can ask which would be the most effective. And listen to this, there was no NEW SMELL covering up the stench, at all, which is what THEY ALL DO even when they say they don't.

JB - I'm glad it worked so well for you! Reminder - they will be at the Mid-Atlantic conference in March (would save on s&h charges) Cash and carry!

In fact, I'm going to share this with my Hatteras friends. These old vessels have a foam filled keel which often gets water in it and festers. They call it "that Hatteras smell" because you only come across that smell in a Hatteras. Fortunately, I don't have it! :) The fix is to drill a hole in the keel when they are out of the water in the yard and let it drain for days or weeks, then re-epoxy the hole before launching the boat back into the water. The smell is so bothersome to some, that some people inject acetone to melt the foam and then inject new foam.. If this stuff can neutralize a dead, decaying mouse, I wonder if it could do wonders on "that Hatteras smell." Hummm.......
Just looked at the website - they have a marine version.

Oh, that dead mouse smell! It is so specific and BLECH! The PO's used poison in the basement and every fall we'd have these poor things crawling into hidey holes and dying and stinking up the joint. We switched to the old fashioned bait traps and this way the caught ones become hawk and fox food out in our fields. I'm glad your enzyme spray is working, but I have to say from experience that just keeping white vinegar in a spray bottle works like a charm and is very cheap.

JB - I'm glad it worked so well for you! Reminder - they will be at the Mid-Atlantic conference in March (would save on s&h charges) Cash and carry!.
suellen222 said:
JB - I'm glad it worked so well for you! Reminder - they will be at the Mid-Atlantic conference in March (would save on s&h charges) Cash and carry!
The website says NO shipping charges on $10 purchase.

JB - I'm glad it worked so well for you! Reminder - they will be at the Mid-Atlantic conference in March (would save on s&h charges) Cash and carry!.
suellen222 said:
The website says NO shipping charges on $10 purchase.
Even better! Did you get any of the little beads that swell up with the liquid and you can put them in decorative jars and place them anywhere (bathrooms). I just did it yesterday and they are so fun looking - no more plug ins! I wonder if I can buy stock in this company??!!

Back