Off to the Oyster Festival WOO HOOO !!!!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
I am Happy, Oh so Happy !!!!!
Battened down, cleaned kitchen and I'm off to our annual Oyster Fest, just a short trot down the hill.
Life is goooood.

Lucky you!! We have a big one here in November. Two days of eating oysters, chef competitions for the best raw and cooked recipes, major dances, etc. etc. Loads of fun!

MMMMMMmmmm - sounds yummy! When we lived in Baltimore we attended a bull and oyster roast... so much good food and fresh shucked oysters are the best!!

Please post the giant pumpkins that you can ride in as a boat! I saw those just a week or so ago and I believe that is near you? Is it the same festival? My jaw was on the ground, that is amazing!

Have a bunch for me, cuz you know I wouldn't touch them with a 10' pole.
tounge_smile.gif

Please post the giant pumpkins that you can ride in as a boat! I saw those just a week or so ago and I believe that is near you? Is it the same festival? My jaw was on the ground, that is amazing!.
Oh JBJ
It is the funniest, coolest thing I have encountered in a long, long time. It's a different festival and promises to get bigger and better every year.
IF - and that's a big if - I can get down to the event in time I will definitely post photos.

tounge_smile.gif
Ms. Bree ....
I have no guests tonight and we ... umm ... let loose today, which included persuading Oyster Virgins to "give it a whirl".
Sooo much fun. At the store, we made three times our normal take in the space of three hours (unfortunately that's not saying much) at which point we closed and joined in the festivites. I think tonight will be a dancing in the parking lot night.

tounge_smile.gif
Ms. Bree ....
I have no guests tonight and we ... umm ... let loose today, which included persuading Oyster Virgins to "give it a whirl".
Sooo much fun. At the store, we made three times our normal take in the space of three hours (unfortunately that's not saying much) at which point we closed and joined in the festivites. I think tonight will be a dancing in the parking lot night.
We DO have guests but we just HAD to get out of the house. Saw 2 guests of ours at a local pub. Obviously we are not home to give them a discount coupon to this place so I went to the bar, pointed to the guests and said, 'They're staying with me, can you, um, you know...' and the bartender said, in front of a barful of full price patrons, 'Sure, no problem, I'll let their waitress know they're with you.'
Nice. Small town life pays off.
To the point that the waitress said, 'Steph says we don't have your wine tonight, she's sorry, what else can I get you?' Yeesh, 'my wine'? I should change my name to Norm.

tounge_smile.gif
Ms. Bree ....
We DO have guests but we just HAD to get out of the house. Saw 2 guests of ours at a local pub. Obviously we are not home to give them a discount coupon to this place so I went to the bar, pointed to the guests and said, 'They're staying with me, can you, um, you know...' and the bartender said, in front of a barful of full price patrons, 'Sure, no problem, I'll let their waitress know they're with you.'
To the point that the waitress said, 'Steph says we don't have your wine tonight, she's sorry, what else can I get you?' Yeesh, 'my wine'? I should change my name to Norm.

tounge_smile.gif
Ms. Bree ....
Bree said:
. . . To the point that the waitress said, 'Steph says we don't have your wine tonight, she's sorry, what else can I get you?' Yeesh, 'my wine'? I should change my name to Norm.
Norma. ;)

Back