Off Topic: On Julie & Julia

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Excerpt from www.inncuisine.com the second person who highly recommends this new movie Julie and Julie...
Off Topic: On Julie & Julia Aug 14th, 2009 by Sandie.
Last night, something remarkable happened: My husband and I saw a film that maybe, just maybe, gave us a deeper appreciation of each other. Corny, but true. Now this may seem like no big deal to you, but I assure you, it is. For nearly two years, my husband has lived with my blogging, often wondering (especially in the beginning) why I would take on such an endeavor and why I would care about it so. To his credit, 90% of the time he has managed to control these thoughts (or at least refrain from vocalizing them), but there have been (and still are) times when he’s rolled his eyes at my attachment to cooking, baking & blogging and the hours I’ve spent browsing cookbooks, cooking magazines and reading other blogs. Yet for every time I’ve tried his blogger-husband patience with comments like, “Don’t touch that food, I haven’t taken photos yet,” or “I’ll be ready in a minute, just let me finish this post,” or worse yet…the dreaded, “Would you mind stopping by the market on your way home? I need more heavy cream,” my husband has been behind the scenes, cheering me on despite his bewilderment. etc...
read her blog article for all the details. Movie trailer and info here. An endearing movie to say the least...about love - faithfulness and food! We need movies like this!

I want to go see it but I have to find someone to go with me or go on my own. My dh has informed me after see the trailers on TV and the previews before other movies that he's just not interested. It looks cute to me!

i read the book, enjoyed it.
should be interesting to see meryl streep as julia. hate to go to the movies alone so .... may wait for the dvd.

Well can't go to the movies tonight because of the check-ins are not all here! I don't mind going alone. I go alone a lot. It is my only escape from the B & B. I turn my brain off there.

should be interesting to see meryl streep as julia. hate to go to the movies alone so .... may wait for the dvd..
seashanty said:
should be interesting to see meryl streep as julia. hate to go to the movies alone so .... may wait for the dvd.
The book was interesting! The idea behind the blog was spot on.

Well can't go to the movies tonight because of the check-ins are not all here! I don't mind going alone. I go alone a lot. It is my only escape from the B & B. I turn my brain off there..
Isn't that rude! They act like it is all right to show up an hour or two late. They don't realize we have a life and plans just like they do. I hate it when folks say they will show up 4-5 and show up at 7, just like they planned it that way.
C

should be interesting to see meryl streep as julia. hate to go to the movies alone so .... may wait for the dvd..
We just don't like to go to movies period..but will buy the DVD..hopefully it will be out soon. I loved Julia!!!

Well can't go to the movies tonight because of the check-ins are not all here! I don't mind going alone. I go alone a lot. It is my only escape from the B & B. I turn my brain off there..
Isn't that rude! They act like it is all right to show up an hour or two late. They don't realize we have a life and plans just like they do. I hate it when folks say they will show up 4-5 and show up at 7, just like they planned it that way.
C
The movie was wonderful! But beware, you need to go on an full stomach. We were starving by the time we left!

C
The movie was wonderful! But beware, you need to go on an full stomach. We were starving by the time we left!
Or you can load up on popcorn! My favorite thing!

C
Yeah it happens. They were going to check in at noon for a wedding but then when I was getting ready to leave I called and they were still 4 hours away. By 4pm they called and said they weren't checking in until 9pm because they were already late for the wedding.

Back