Office hours?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really need to come up with a way to have self-check-in. A door key code or a lock box they can use to get their key, along with good arrival instructions.

Also, find a way to NOT be at the mercy of Booking! I fired them years ago and have never regretted it! They are really not set up to be compatible with anything but traditional hotels.
I’m going to get my husband to start looking into keyless entry or a lock box. That’s a great idea! Thank you!

I wait up because that is what I do. My check-in is 4 to 7. IF I have to be somewhere, I DO contact them and request they come before or after my commitment. With people who have been here before - like tonight - they know how to get into the house and where to go. A couple years ago, the guest arrived on Friday night while I was at my high school reunion and left me a note what time for breakfast Sunday - the first I saw him. the hard ones are the 11 - Midnight arrivals that want a 7 AM breakfast - thankfully few and far between.

This is stay #6 for tonight's guests. I have to be at the Park at 4:30 (Independence Celebration & concert was postponed due to rain). They are brining me some ground venison so will come in, put the venison in the freezer & eggs from their chickens in the fridge before coming out to the Park for the concert & fireworks. They told me they are coming up to visit with ME, not to do anything (paying me to visit with me AND bringing venison!) so they are coming to the Park for my concert - I will be playing bass drum, triangle, tambourine, AND THE GONG!! I get to beat on things!
4-7 sounds like a dream! Also seems like you have some great relationships with your returning guests. What a fun night for you!

I wait up because that is what I do. My check-in is 4 to 7. IF I have to be somewhere, I DO contact them and request they come before or after my commitment. With people who have been here before - like tonight - they know how to get into the house and where to go. A couple years ago, the guest arrived on Friday night while I was at my high school reunion and left me a note what time for breakfast Sunday - the first I saw him. the hard ones are the 11 - Midnight arrivals that want a 7 AM breakfast - thankfully few and far between.

This is stay #6 for tonight's guests. I have to be at the Park at 4:30 (Independence Celebration & concert was postponed due to rain). They are brining me some ground venison so will come in, put the venison in the freezer & eggs from their chickens in the fridge before coming out to the Park for the concert & fireworks. They told me they are coming up to visit with ME, not to do anything (paying me to visit with me AND bringing venison!) so they are coming to the Park for my concert - I will be playing bass drum, triangle, tambourine, AND THE GONG!! I get to beat on things!
Excellent! Enjoy your Freedom

I’m going to get my husband to start looking into keyless entry or a lock box. That’s a great idea! Thank you!
We understand the convenience of it all. Luckily my wife has no problems getting up and greeting guests in the middle of the night. We think it is important to have as many interactions with the Guests as possible prior to check-in. It's a big help in getting Guests to understand "this is our home" and any nonsense will not be tolerate.

Back