Oh No I DIDN'T

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Guess I'm in a sharing mood today ....
But I just caught myself Vacuuming (or doing the hoovering) with a polishing cloth hanging out of my back pocket, spray polish stuffed in my front pocket, glass cleaner hanging from my belt, a bandana on my head and belting out Xmas Carols at the top of my voice along with the radio (the radio was in tune I'm pretty sure I wasn't). I have become the pastiche of an English Boarding House "Lady".
Nope - no cocito yet .... and no guests expected for at least an hour and a half :) The best thing I'm wearing is a great big grin.
p.s. - so far today we've had a blocked (overflowing toilet) and hot water that decided not to work (happens once every three years or so).

Thank you for the smile.
Edited to explain: at the picture of you as painted. Wind storms have a way of knocking out my hot water heater pilot. Lord help me if I get an overflowing toilet - it will drip on DH's pillow directly under one - or into the dining room with the other.

Without the ocassional Oh boy! blips and disasters, life would be so boring. Sometimes boring would be a relief, but the satisfaction of handling whatever goes a long way for the old ego!

Thank you for the smile.
Edited to explain: at the picture of you as painted. Wind storms have a way of knocking out my hot water heater pilot. Lord help me if I get an overflowing toilet - it will drip on DH's pillow directly under one - or into the dining room with the other..
The picture painted was exactly the point - I had to stop and laugh at myself. But I've learnt to be careful to also point out that it really was my "free" time, the only person that could be embarrassed was my DH .... and yes, I got almost audible eye-rolling.
Sometimes things going wrong simply add to my love of the ridiculousness of it all. Crying won't help anything - laughing helps (almost) everything .... even if it means I embody Fawlty Towers (or something worse).

As long as your stockings (individual, not panyhose) aren't rolled down into the tops of your shoes, you'll be fine!

As long as your stockings (individual, not panyhose) aren't rolled down into the tops of your shoes, you'll be fine!.
Oh My Gosh - now you have me laughing again. That's EXACTLY how I felt (but really, really, really not how I looked - I promise). I'm wearing smart dark brown trousers and an aran sweater but in my mind's eye I had the wrinkled stockings, an apron and slippers

images.jpg

We had a burst pipe must have been leaking for a while down the back of some drawers. The drawers made of chipboard fell to bits when I tried to open them to get something and we found the leak. Luckily we had the handyman in for another job and he is just about a plumber as well and got straight onto it. Grrr have more than enough to do.

Thank you for the smile.
Edited to explain: at the picture of you as painted. Wind storms have a way of knocking out my hot water heater pilot. Lord help me if I get an overflowing toilet - it will drip on DH's pillow directly under one - or into the dining room with the other..
The picture painted was exactly the point - I had to stop and laugh at myself. But I've learnt to be careful to also point out that it really was my "free" time, the only person that could be embarrassed was my DH .... and yes, I got almost audible eye-rolling.
Sometimes things going wrong simply add to my love of the ridiculousness of it all. Crying won't help anything - laughing helps (almost) everything .... even if it means I embody Fawlty Towers (or something worse).
"If you couldn't laugh you'd have to cry" has been a favorite saying of mine since the 70's! I even have a button that says that that a friend of mine made for us.

Back