Oh no...more snow!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, over 20 inches here with lots of big drifts...I am soooooo ready for spring. But I have to count us as lucky as we have power. Here's a beautiful shot of the "morning after" ..now to dig out:-(
DSCN4672.jpg

Ok, over 20 inches here with lots of big drifts...I am soooooo ready for spring. But I have to count us as lucky as we have power. Here's a beautiful shot of the "morning after" ..now to dig out:-(
DSCN4672.jpg
THAT is beautiful! I'm sure you'd rather be looking at my lawn than your snow but I wish I had your snow!

DSCN4672.jpg
So beautiful! We ended up wtih 25 inches here and today is absolutely glorious: clear, cold, bright blue sky and sunshine. My arms are very tired from shoveling, but it more than justified the huge plate of pecan pancakes and sausage I just gobbled!

I live in South Dakota. We already have 43 inches on the ground and still have roughly 3 more months of winter to go through. It's not easy but you get used to stocking up on basics (mostly canned goods and water, toiletries, etc) in the fall to ensure you have supplies all winter and don't have to run to WalMart and hope they have what you want..
Hi srlathrop, Welcome to Innspiring
welcome.gif

Thanks Swirt,
I am kinda lurking right now and learning lots and lots! I hope to become more active in the near future after I get through all of the posts (which could take a while.....LOL)
I hope to become more active in the near future after I get through all of the posts (which could take a while.....LOL)
With well over 5000 original posts and nearly 65,000 comments, it certainly could take a while. ;)

I live in South Dakota. We already have 43 inches on the ground and still have roughly 3 more months of winter to go through. It's not easy but you get used to stocking up on basics (mostly canned goods and water, toiletries, etc) in the fall to ensure you have supplies all winter and don't have to run to WalMart and hope they have what you want..
Welcome! Stay warm and pipe in whenever you want.
cheers.gif

Welcome srlathrop!
Do you hear much there about how are things going with the situation at the Sioux River reservation?
Any news of more food drops?

We're starting our second day without power! Chris on his tractor and our neighbor on his four wheeler have broken down our long driveway to the road which is sheet ice but the weather is warm so it's softening up. Neighbor is going out for supplies so will get us some gas since we are running out for the generator so turned if off when we went to sleep last night. Turned it on this morning to power up the powerbook and make coffee and turned it back off.
Melting snow to do dishes and waiting to turn the generator back on. I guess if I don't get power today I'll have to tell my Wed guest that they have to go to our friend's B&B where they have a full house generator. **sigh** hope the Tuesday storm is small....
RIki

We are under a winter storm warning starting tomorrow. Supposed to have up to 6 or more inches from Friday into Saturday. We are supposed to go down to 8 degrees Sunday night into Monday! I forsee and all-nighter for me in the near future..
Here is the dogwood and maple tree in the rear of my side yard. Yesterday the branches of the dogwood were tounching the ground from the weight of the snow. My shovelers who dug me out knocked snow off so the branches would not break. I will have to wait and see if the small rhodo survives - it is covered in heavy snow and I am afraid of hurting it by knocking off more than I have already - it did not spring back like the dogwood did.
lrg_DogwoodResize.jpg

DSCN4672.jpg
THAT is beautiful! I'm sure you'd rather be looking at my lawn than your snow but I wish I had your snow!
You should get some by the end of this week - the next one with a lot of snow is supposed to hit New England.

Back