Oh no....this is gonna hurt

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
My car has been at the mechanics for the past 2 days getting work done. The receptionist called and said I can pick it up anytime I want. They will leave it in the parking lot with the key under the mat.
They are all going home sick with N1H1.
ohhhh goody for me....
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

i'm not a medical person
do you have cleaning gloves you can toss? lysol spray disinfectant? alcohol? a face mask?
i have read all kinds of conflicting info about what will kill the virus. hard to know for sure if you're on, say, a lysol website.
i've read that the virus can live on surfaces for a couple of days. think car door, steering wheel, etc. if it was in a secure place and the key wasn't under the mat, i'd be tempted to leave it there for another day.
maybe open the door wearing disposable gloves .. wipe down the door handle, spray the interior of the car and wait a bit. then drive it home.
you've got a challenge ... good luck

Don't freak out about it...Just wipe it down with some sanitizer..places they would have touched that you will touch...ie steering wheel, door handles. Then wash your hands well. If you aren't in a high risk category, don't worry about it.

i have asthma (controlled really well). have had pneumonia a few times. hopefully, h1n1 will keep its distance from me. or vice versa.
wink_smile.gif

Definitely wear gloves to open the door. Air the car out for a bit before driving home, or drive home with the windows open. Wipe down everything inside with alcohol or bleach wipes.
ALL of them have it? Yikes.

i have asthma (controlled really well). have had pneumonia a few times. hopefully, h1n1 will keep its distance from me. or vice versa.
wink_smile.gif
As I found out today, there is a vaccine for pneumonia. If you get pneumonia with any frequency you might look into it.

And by all means ...don't lick the steering wheel ;)

Back