Oh NO!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
This is a cry!! Had a Legislative Reception in Charleston today. DH tells me this morning he is going to go too - I KNOW there is no food he can eat as all the resorts etc try to outdo each other but HE thinks there will be a veggie tray. Watching him move around the room as it begins drives me nuts as he goes with crutches "sperad-eagle" not straight. After one trip (obstructing everyone) around the room he decides to go sit in the car.
2+ hours later I pack up, rush to the car, so we can go home. I am within 10 miles of home (2 hours later) when it hits me - my purse is under the table in Charleston! Cross fingers the cleaning crew turned it in instead of inside out. Too tired. And guess who wanted chocolate pudding when we got home........

Oh man! Now I understand your reference to Tide and Hefty... thought maybe there was a recent instigation. Good luck on your purse!
As a matter of fact, I'm sitting here eating sugar free chocolate pudding...
=)
Kk.

Bummer!
whattha.gif
I hope you get it back. Just had someone on one of my committees forget a small thumb drive in a hotel business center & they found it and mailed it. And a recent guest had left her coat in a hotel room and the hotel found it & shipped it to her. So there is hope! Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
thumbs_up.gif

I'll add to the good purse stories...friend left purse in taxi in Mexico. She received it from the taxi driver a few weeks after she got home, completely intact.

I've put my purse on top of the car while opening it and putting things in to drive off. DId it first during a family trip when I was 13 and that was not the first time. Hope you get yours back!!!
RIki

DH has left his briefcase on top of the car or beside the car more than once at airports.... has always gotten it back

DH has left his briefcase on top of the car or beside the car more than once at airports.... has always gotten it back.
I left a full pan of lasagne on top of the car once, didn't survive the fall...

DH has left his briefcase on top of the car or beside the car more than once at airports.... has always gotten it back.
Bree said:
Only a New Yorker could leave a pan of lasagne on top of a car!

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
A number of years ago the principal cellist of the Los Angeles Philharmonic set his cello case on the ground while putting other things in the car. He forgot about it and backed up over it. That instrument used to be worth more than 2 million.
I was in a recording session (I was a professional musician in my previous life) and my collegue went to the bathroom and set his very expensive violin on his chair. He came back, was looking at something on the music stand, and sat down. Yup....right on the violin! Now it's toothpicks. DOH!!!!!!!
omg_smile.gif

Update - the lousy new answering system on the phones DH loves did not work - they called last night to tell me they had it. Turned off that answering system and hooked up the old one for now. Will probably end up using Verizon voicemail soon.
anyway, I called this morning and they had the purse. We drove to charleston today (guess who wants pudding again tonight!) and picked it up - TOTALLY intact! Day was not a loss as DH decided to go to the book store we did not go to yesterday in Charleston nd found a book he wanted. Then on the way home we stopped in Flatwoods at another book store and voila! he found another! I just have to get done in the morning everything I was supposed to do today and what needed done tomorrow - incoming! Still getting new e-mail sorted out too.

Yay on the purse!
And after all those books, still he wants pudding??
=)
Kk.

Yay on the purse!
And after all those books, still he wants pudding??
=)
Kk..
Yes, I have to go make it so I can fall into bed. Got some new books for my granddaughter and have learned to read them FIRST for content. Not much time left. One message not recorded was from Contractor #1. DH is quibbling. Contractor #2 is due tomorrow. Told my DD that if he digs in heels on this bathroom I will move into the junk room and he is on his own! One big joy - actually two: our high school girls basketball team won today to go to quarter-finals and WVU won tonight!! We beat PITT!!!

Glad you got the purse back! How did that go anyway? Could not go myself. Sorry about the DH debacle.... We have verizon for our voicemail and it never ever fails...

Glad you got the purse back! How did that go anyway? Could not go myself. Sorry about the DH debacle.... We have verizon for our voicemail and it never ever fails....
Security at the Cultural Center had it. If I was going to leave it behind, that was the place to do it - the State Museum.
The Legislative Reception was scaled back a bit - no giant shrimp this year - but there was a crab dip with other wonderful stuff from Graceland (yes, we have one in WV, just nothing to do with Elvis), Canaan Valley had crab cakes (gone by the time I got over there) and pulled pork sandwiches, Tamarack had chocolate tarts filled with peanut butter mousse and lemon bars, Berkeley Inn & Spa had lamb burgers with wonderful sauce, I had Gillum House Rolls for MABB, etc There are always 10 to 15 tables of wonderful foods from the resorts and hotels and restaurants. WVHTA appreciates even our rolls and butter. Folks were raving over the rolls believe it or not. I had both the white and the whole wheat versions.

Back