Oh the smell

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Someone doused herself in perfume this morning to the point I had to hide in the kitchen and I couldn't talk because my throat closed up.

Makes one wish they could walk around spraying Magic-zymes. Could you get a couple of the Zymes solid containers to unscrew the lids and have in corners of the room? Would that help with the problem? Would they neutralize the "aroma" quick enough?

blech. I have not encountered a woman like that in a long time ... why do people DO that?! their own sense of smell is failing? or what?

Makes one wish they could walk around spraying Magic-zymes. Could you get a couple of the Zymes solid containers to unscrew the lids and have in corners of the room? Would that help with the problem? Would they neutralize the "aroma" quick enough?.
Accidentally spray her with it and watch the perfume smell disappear.

With people like that it lingers behind them for ages, even when they just walk through the hall.
The other thing which drives dh mad (because he cleans the en-suites) is women who use half a can of hair spray every day. It coats everything in the bathroom.

We had one in the early summer who sprayed so much perfume that she set off the smoke alarm.
BBBBob

With people like that it lingers behind them for ages, even when they just walk through the hall.
The other thing which drives dh mad (because he cleans the en-suites) is women who use half a can of hair spray every day. It coats everything in the bathroom..
Highlands John said:
The other thing which drives dh mad (because he cleans the en-suites) is women who use half a can of hair spray every day. It coats everything in the bathroom.
I hate this too. I've had to make it part of my normal cleaning routine to scrub the front of the bathroom door because they always seem to have it opened (into the bathroom) and coat it with all manner of gunk.

The other thing which drives dh mad (because he cleans the en-suites) is women who use half a can of hair spray every day. It coats everything in the bathroom..
Highlands John said:
I hate this too. I've had to make it part of my normal cleaning routine to scrub the front of the bathroom door because they always seem to have it opened (into the bathroom) and coat it with all manner of gunk.
Sorry I confess..I am one of the offenders. I don't use alot , but it does coat things :-( My husband complains all the time. However, I do try to wipe the sink and counters down every time I do my hair. And I am the one who cleans the bathroom so at least once a week, everything gets a good scrub down.

Just had a couple from Switzerland for two nights and everything was doused. This time even the Magic Zymes is having a hard time. All windows are open. I washed the sheets and they still smell of perfume so I am washing them again! Hope the smell comes out this time.

Just had a couple from Switzerland for two nights and everything was doused. This time even the Magic Zymes is having a hard time. All windows are open. I washed the sheets and they still smell of perfume so I am washing them again! Hope the smell comes out this time..
When I did the laundry today I figured out which sheets had been in the room. And now they have gone thru the wash with another, innocent, set of sheets which now also reeks. This will go on for a few days until the offending sheets have been around the washer a few times.

Back