Oh, this does annoy me!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Obviously things are slow here. We're not open to 99% of the country until later this month. So, things are tight. (Well, ha ha, things will be tight for years, but that's another story!)
I just checked my stats for TripConnect and some yahoo in NJ has hit the link 15 times in 15 minutes. That's $8 I don't have for someone who didn't bother to make a reservation.
And, I notice other hits showing 'no availability' when nothing could be further from the truth.
Technology, my friend.

That probably explains a couple of months ago when everybody else was reporting TripConnect bills of about $2, and mine was almost as high as usual. No doubt some yahoo in NJ, but I'm afraid of Jersey-ites so won't complain. (Marked for life by The Sopranos.)

Just a thought ... what if someone 'working' for trip connect has been going in and clicking on listings? To give their revenue a boost, which must have suffered over the past few months. $8 from you, $8 from a lot of others. Not a huge amount but it would add up for them.
Am I too suspicious?

Just a thought ... what if someone 'working' for trip connect has been going in and clicking on listings? To give their revenue a boost, which must have suffered over the past few months. $8 from you, $8 from a lot of others. Not a huge amount but it would add up for them.
Am I too suspicious?.
seashanty said:
Am I too suspicious?
No, not an unfounded suspicion. In TC it does not show who clicked, just the total amount. So, yeah, they could just have someone sitting in their house randomly clicking.
I’m waiting to see what happens when I finally get the same thing set up on Google.

Am I too suspicious?.
seashanty said:
...has been going in and clicking on listings? To give their revenue a boost...
Confession: I often click on the sidebar ads here on Innspiring just to try to help Swirt out.

Just got my TC invoice - 87 cents. But I am not in tourist territory.

Back