OK, Created it - Now What

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
OK, I created the Go ogle + page for the B & B (turns out what I had was personal page). Now, how do i get it seen??? How do you get circles? Do not see how to add people. Grrrr, hate being a numbnutz!!

it is like facebook. you want people to join your circle. how you do that is a mystery to me as well. I have one but never used it. Don't have a business so I see no need for it. G forces businesses into it to be seen .

I barely check mine, but I'll try to figure out how to invite you to one of my circles. There is also an innkeepers group I've joined, but I rarely even read them, let alone comment. I'll see if I can figure out on G+ how to invite you.

K - you seem to have 2 Gillum House pages. One is great and is verified, but the other isn't. The one that is verified has the little check mark after your web address. See if you can figure out how to delete that 2nd page

Your blog posts should also be shared on your biz G+ page. It's easy to do with blogger, but I don't know how to do it with wp

In trying to figure out how to invite/add/follow gillum on g+, I just realized that since we have both a personal page and biz page, there are different 'circles', 'groups' and 'communities' for each page. Somewhat similar to the FB concept, but I didn't quite get that before.
Another thing I just did was to be on G+ and do a search for (my region)bed and breakfast. Up pops a ton of my posts I've shared from by blog. They also come up when I do a search for just my region (no b&b in search). So, that has to be a good thing. I don't think that many people are doing searches like that in g+, but who knows, it might actually catch on one of these days.
I think also those posts get a bit more clout on the organic listing of a regular google search.

It appears that the only ones who are hooked in to G+ and our F B business pages are other innkeepers. How does that help us? Just asking. As an innkeeper, I am rarely going to travel, much as I would like to. How are having all those likes (and feeds) into our biz pages going to help us?

It appears that the only ones who are hooked in to G+ and our F B business pages are other innkeepers. How does that help us? Just asking. As an innkeeper, I am rarely going to travel, much as I would like to. How are having all those likes (and feeds) into our biz pages going to help us?.
When you send out your thank you's to your guests put a link in your email to the G+ page. Ask them to join your circle. Given I can't get guests to like us on FB I doubt anyone is going to go out of their way to join something else, but I can try.

It appears that the only ones who are hooked in to G+ and our F B business pages are other innkeepers. How does that help us? Just asking. As an innkeeper, I am rarely going to travel, much as I would like to. How are having all those likes (and feeds) into our biz pages going to help us?.
When you send out your thank you's to your guests put a link in your email to the G+ page. Ask them to join your circle. Given I can't get guests to like us on FB I doubt anyone is going to go out of their way to join something else, but I can try.
Thank you. Will that give them all the postings from the others in the "circle"?

Thank you. Will that give them all the postings from the others in the "circle"?
I think the circles have to cross. So everyone in your circle gets what you post and what others post on your page. You won't see what others post unless you're in their circle. Maybe unless they tag you in a post. Your guests won't see each others posts unless they are posted on your page. So, private stuff, not related to what they say about you, won't show up in anyone else's page. Unless they're already friends. But that's nothing to do with you.

gillumhouse said:
It appears that the only ones who are hooked in to G+ and our F B business pages are other innkeepers. How does that help us? Just asking. As an innkeeper, I am rarely going to travel, much as I would like to. How are having all those likes (and feeds) into our biz pages going to help us?
I agree with you about the G+ being mostly innkeepers that we've so far tapped into. G+ is still very young and I want to make G very happy because of the other things it does for our business.
FB on the other hand, I'm seeing more action from it. I just had another multi-day stay from someone who's friend shared our FB page with us and that's how they learned about us. So far, what I see with FB is that it's an accumulative thing. The longer you do it, the more fans you get, the more they share your stuff, the better it works.

I think the circles have to cross. So everyone in your circle gets what you post and what others post on your page. You won't see what others post unless you're in their circle. Maybe unless they tag you in a post. Your guests won't see each others posts unless they are posted on your page. So, private stuff, not related to what they say about you, won't show up in anyone else's page. Unless they're already friends. But that's nothing to do with you.
The only reason the "experts" think you need G+ is so the BIG G will get you for searches etc etc. They are the ones who make you feel you can't do without it and are trying their best to up FB. I won't be doing anything with G+ and most people who's sites I do barely have a clue about Facebook and I will not push another social site on them.

The only reason the "experts" think you need G+ is so the BIG G will get you for searches etc etc. They are the ones who make you feel you can't do without it and are trying their best to up FB. I won't be doing anything with G+ and most people who's sites I do barely have a clue about Facebook and I will not push another social site on them.
EmptyNest said:
FB is charging. You cannot even get your feeds from who you follow now, so the mentality is people will go to G+. That has yet to be seen. No one likes change.

Back