Okapied

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okapied.com

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone seen the new holiday accommodation site: www.okapied.com?
I started it up and I was wondering what BnB owners think of it?
The main difference to other sites is that all the bookings are instant, which avoids the dreaded delay of responding to booking enquiries. The aim is to reduce the number of prospoective guests that are lost while waiting for responses, and provide a much more convenient service for guests.

no offence but most on here want the delay so they can check their diary they do it on purp ose. For myself however all my bookings are instant so feel you may be rinventing the wheel. I would however point out that what a lot of similar software and booking agencies write what you think we want not what we actually want. I havn't looked at yours but it is something to consider. For example beds 24 wants me to set the number of twin and double rooms I have. I dont want to do that as I have 4 rooms with zip and link beds so can be double or twin so can change between. I want a system where I can simply type in the number of rooms of each type in a box for each night and change them at will. for example a family room can house 1 person, two people or 3 people so I want to be able to move a booking easily between room types if I want to.

I would also put in if you want to attract a great deal of business 2 options - instant booking and reservation request to be accepted or rejected that way you cover all your bases.

Also sorry if I seem a bit grumpy Im not usually but have had a bit of a day of it alread and its only 4pm! lol

i'm not going to comment on your idea, but ...
i don't get the logo or the name
why show the butt side of this animal as your logo for a reservation website? as a potential guest, i am not drawn in to the site by this. i am guessing you are playing with 'occupied' ...
' The okapi, Okapia johnstoni, is a giraffid artiodactyl mammal native to the Ituri Rainforest, located in the northeast of the Democratic Republic of the Congo '
' an African mammal, Okapia johnstoni, closely related to and resembling giraffe, but smaller and with a much shorter neck. '

I would not be interested. I have to check if my wine tours are available before I accept a reservation. I also want to see if the person has unreasonable requests which seem to be occurring more often.
There are plenty of reservations systems out there already where you can have instant confirmation.
RIki

We don't need another reservation system and especially one based out of Austraila..sorry. We have enough problems trying to deal with ones in the US.

thanks, but not thanks. cand do my own reservations and keep 7%

Sheesh I thought this was a slanderous post about our Oklahoma innkeepers or guests. I was apparently wrong.
I recently saw a guy in swimtrunks walking down a sandy beach in Dingo boots, I thought this post had something to do with him. LOL

Back