Okay, okay. No throwing things at me 4 this idea. For the Night Owls, how about...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinaC

Reaction score
For the night owl in your soul.
There are properties that are dog, cat, kid friendly etc., and because not everyone loves to great the day at the CRACK of dawn, how about an inn that caters to the lodger (and proprietor) who hates mornings? You know, the person who burns the mid-night oil or is a night owl? This way the innkeeper gets to sleep in as well. Say start breakfast at 10 a.m. and govern the rest of the day the same. Generally folk are on vacation or a trip and want to stay up with the big people and not go to bed at 9 p.m.
Would love to hear your opines on this. Keep it clean, folks.
poke.gif

I stayed at a B&B over Labor Day which serves breakast at 9:30. First morning my boys woke up at 7...
The innkeeper told me she doesn't get up until 8.
Wouldn't work here... we takes whoever we can get, and we feeds 'em when they need fed to get where they're going.
=)
Kk.

I stayed at a B&B over Labor Day which serves breakast at 9:30. First morning my boys woke up at 7...
The innkeeper told me she doesn't get up until 8.
Wouldn't work here... we takes whoever we can get, and we feeds 'em when they need fed to get where they're going.
=)
Kk..
LOL and I had one night where I was able to get away, thought YAY I can sleep late, was told breakfast is at 8.30 take it or leave it and there was only 1 other occupied room out of 11.......
I used to do early breakfast requests like at 6.30am ... I recently modified the breakfast buffett area and added a mini fridge. Now anyone that wants breakfast prior to 7.30 will find their fruit and juice, milk, yoghurt, bread, jam in the fridge and cake,cereal, snacks on the sideboard, with coffee pot just needing them to hit the brew button ....

Call it Bed & Brunch. Actually if you google that, you get a lot of hits.
I think there could be a market for it. You'd need later check-outs and later check-in times as well. I'm too much of an early riser to be happy doing it myself, and my DH is worse. When we have a morning off he's usually up and breakfasted before I get out of bed at 8:00.

I wanted to open a 'bed and brunch'. Hubs is a morning person, so no go on that one.

Because of 6 rooms we would have one of each of those. We would go insane. This is why, unfortunately to the chagrin of certain guests, we need boundaries and policies in place. Makes it a smooth operation.
Anyone who wants to sleep in and not get up for breakfast does. Can you believe I had two seatings this morning and nearly all of them wanted 8am breakfast! So two rooms were down with coffee and chatting with the 8am breakfast folks even tho their time was 9am. I have only so much seating in the dining room at once.
This is never the same tho. I walked into the dining room and said "we have a couple who drove all night from Brooklyn, they got here at 330am so they might not be here for breakfast" and they were sitting at the table!
As much as the guests might not want to get up, the innkeeper gets us much earlier than they do to meet their needs.

One of the attractions to my B & B is that my breakfast window is between 4am & 10am. Each room chooses the time they want (I only have 3 rooms though). I do overnight stabling and they want on the road early - even if they did not get here until 2am! The latest I have ever been requested is 9:30.

One of the attractions to my B & B is that my breakfast window is between 4am & 10am. Each room chooses the time they want (I only have 3 rooms though). I do overnight stabling and they want on the road early - even if they did not get here until 2am! The latest I have ever been requested is 9:30..
4am? You do deserve a medal!!

One of the attractions to my B & B is that my breakfast window is between 4am & 10am. Each room chooses the time they want (I only have 3 rooms though). I do overnight stabling and they want on the road early - even if they did not get here until 2am! The latest I have ever been requested is 9:30..
4am? You do deserve a medal!!
Earliest breakfast was 3am - they had to be checked in for the Nationals by 11am & it was raining. Was worth it - she got a First!
Latest check-in - tie at 4am (1 caught in traffic from an accident and the other horse trailer brake problems)
Earliest check-in - Noon prearrangement (they were mercifully late but I was not ready because doofus forgot I had in-coming and TALKED even though I turned his OFF switch 3 times!)

When we have a full house with 5 rooms (and a couple are actually 2 bedroom suites), I am running about 18 hours out of 24. That's with a breakfast seating range of 7:30-9 weekdays, 8-9:30 weekends. I love the mornings when people tend to the later breakfasts but alas, there are a lot of early morning people in these parts! Places to go, things to do, people to see....
regular_smile.gif

An inn-mate who is frustrated with breakfast seating times has just added a mini-fridge & microwave in her dining room area with some basic breakfast fixin's. Many of her guests have commented on how they really like just being able to fix their own "breakfast" whenever. Not me!! Bring on the yummy innkeeper breakfast!
tounge_smile.gif
That's why I prefer B&Bs over hotels!

Back