Old Guests New Guests Those Guests Who Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Do you ever find that you cannot recognize your guests, esp when you have so many blasted one nighters?
You check them in, then new people come to the door, or wait, are they the ones you just checked in? You get the door for them and sure enough, the same guests you literally just walked through the inn. You think, now surely I would remember their outfits of something, but after a while it is all a blur.
This gets ten times worse the next morning when they all start to roll in for breakfast and they are clean and refreshed from a nice evening at the inn, and they look totally different!
Alas, tomorrow there will be newbies, and there is no need to have facial recognition of these, or those...
(This happens at odd times, when our guests are similar, in other words no variety in demographic and it throws me for a loop!)

I had guests stop at the I-68 Welcome Center to pick up keys (I was working one of their events) and when I came home a couple was on the porch talking to DH and I thought they were the OTHER couple we had coming in. I felt so stupid for not recognizing the lady I had given the key to my house to just a couple hours earlier. Oooops!
The ones we REALLY recognize are the ones we never want to see again.

It's really hard when DH checks them in and the first time I see them is at breakfast. No idea who they are, which allergy they are, what room they're in.
Sometimes I swear they check in and then new people sneak in to take their places.
I've had guests come back the next week or stop me in town and I have no idea who they are.
And then we get the ones who make a 2 room reservation for 4 people and never tell us the names of the other people. I have to catch them and ask them their names. Of course they think we know.

And there are the guests who stop in to say hi while they are staying at their brother-in-laws time-share a few towns over. Haven't seen them in 10 years and they come on like they are our best friends as we stand in the yard all sweaty from pruning the privat and raking to get things in order before check-in time. After a few minutes I did sort of remember them but who has time to chat in between guests checking out and checking in?

yes, jb! i thought it was just me.
i would check people in, go over to the general store and see the same people waving at me and not know who they were.
embaressed_smile.gif

Happens here too. DH trys to give them code names, like the couple today are police couple because the guy has a stern face & buzz cut. Another is potty mouth as she has just casually dropped the F bomb 3-4 times today.
But there are other days when they all run together.
SS said - "i would check people in, go over to the general store and see the same people waving at me and not know who they were. "

Yet, just the other day one couple came back after touring big city near us and said they saw another couple staying here while they were there! How is that???

I've had guests check out, drive away, come back because they've left somethng in the room and when they rung the door bell I didn't recognise them.
embaressed_smile.gif

As I said in another thread, I can describe the ones who P***** me off 2 years ago.

Back