Old School

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Had a senior gentleman and his adult son here with us just for one night this week. We arranged meals, tours, etc. before they arrived and enjoyed their company during their stay. This was a bona fide old school Southern Virginia gentleman and I just received the most beautiful hand written thank you note from him on his personal stationary. The trip was a Christmas gift from his son and he just wanted us to know how special it was. MADE MY DAY!!!!!
We need a Smiley with a sign that says "Non-PITA's ROCK!"

Nice!
A few years ago we had an older gentleman here with his son. The older guy had never been to a B&B- thought they were frou frou and he'd be rambling around in my house with me. He got along like a house afire with the spouse. Couldn't say enough about how sorry he was he'd missed this experience for so long.

Way to go Southern VA!
From anywhere close to me? Handwritten from a male, what an exceptional human being!
cheers.gif

Way to go Southern VA!
From anywhere close to me? Handwritten from a male, what an exceptional human being!
cheers.gif
Alexandria now but originally from Roanoke...they grow 'em right down that way!
Don Draper said:
Alexandria now but originally from Roanoke...they grow 'em right down that way!
Oh yeah southern gentlemen from Roanoke VA. Here is the Roanoke Star cam (I have it on one window to watch it miraculously green up over the next few days to weeks) http://www.roanokeva.gov/WebMgmt/ywbase61b.nsf/DocName/$starcam

This washes away lots of PITA pains. Keep the letter handy during your very busy season it may just brighten up a less that wonderful day.

How completely fabulous - well deserved compliments for all your hard work, I'm sure.
Thank goodness that the lovely guests of this world are in the majority.
We've just had a house full of happy smiley people and what a fabulous experience it is to have a home awash with laughs and joy.
A very pleasant reminder of one of the reasons we do it - there are few greater feelings than making people happy.

Back