OMG .... I am a total idiot.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
A couple just checked into my cottage with a dog. The husband came to the door first and I noticed his wife walking the dog up the walkway to the front door. I don't allow dogs in the main Inn due to allergies and the fact that not everyone likes dogs....especially big dogs. They are only permitted in the cottage. Generally, I prefer guests with dogs to have one person sign in and do the paperwork while the other waits in the car with the dog. So as she approaches I say:
We'll be just a minute. I have paperwork for your husband, but feel free to walk your dog around the property and we'll be right out.
She's back in less than a minute, so I open the door again to prevent her from ringing our antique and rediculously loud door bell.
I pet the dog, kinda jam my knee in between the door and the dog to prevent its entry while I smile and repeat to the wife to please take the dog for a walk and we will be right out to get you settled.
I close the door.
The husband says - Don't bother, she's deaf
Your dog?
No. My wife
embaressed_smile.gif

It's not you who is the idiot; it's the husband for putting both you and his wife in that awkward situation when he had the knowledge and the ability to prevent it.

That should have been explained after your first statement to his wife, first by telling YOU and then by signing to the wife to walk the dog. Gee some people are idiots - NOT you, the idiot husband!!!

So since you have the cottage that you allow dogs in and not the other rooms are you able to put all the guests that have service animals in the cottage and limit them to just that one room?

So since you have the cottage that you allow dogs in and not the other rooms are you able to put all the guests that have service animals in the cottage and limit them to just that one room?.
oceans said:
So since you have the cottage that you allow dogs in and not the other rooms are you able to put all the guests that have service animals in the cottage and limit them to just that one room?
Yes. Its been successful in that regard. Plus, those with service dogs and in wheelchairs have no option other than the cottage since it is our only wheelchair accessible room.

Back