OMG we are INN!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcam

Reaction score
For those that know us we have been trying to buy the property next to us for 2 years - finally we are in completed purchased - mine/DH's and the banks!
However PO still have 28 days to clear their stuff - which i detect messing about on a grand scale which will increase the stress! but we are nearly there!

Congratulations!
Our PO was still moving out for two weeks after we moved in. It was a pita, but we were nice (in front of her, anyway.)

Congratulations. It is exciting to start an empire. I am absolutely certain you will be up, running and successful quickly.

Congratulations!
Our PO was still moving out for two weeks after we moved in. It was a pita, but we were nice (in front of her, anyway.).
our trouble is she is a horrendeous horder so won't want to part with anything in their but has no where to put it and despite knowing the sale is imminent has done nothing to prepare for it 90% of it is Junk as in the UK you are not allowed to sell anything made of foam or soft furnishings without special fire tags on which none of her stuff does so no one will touch it - ie headboards, chairs, cushions, mattresses and bed bases are completely worthless, you can't even give them away. Carpets are all fit only for the skip which arrives tomorrow - she is welcome to take them if she wants as saves me but I don't really want to encourage her to keep more rubbish as the bank has started final proceedings against her to take the final property off her and then she really will have to face a big clear out! really she needs a house clearance company and skip the rest. Was fussing on about curtain tracks today - hers if she wants them cos I ruddy don't - she swears she put them all up new but they are filthy! can't believe it!

What a long, long road! These 28 days will pass quickly. Enjoy your new project!

What a long, long road! These 28 days will pass quickly. Enjoy your new project!.
its more annoying as she has spent the last 3 months winning they won't let her in for her stuff and now she can she doesn't want to

Congratulations!
Our PO was still moving out for two weeks after we moved in. It was a pita, but we were nice (in front of her, anyway.).
our trouble is she is a horrendeous horder so won't want to part with anything in their but has no where to put it and despite knowing the sale is imminent has done nothing to prepare for it 90% of it is Junk as in the UK you are not allowed to sell anything made of foam or soft furnishings without special fire tags on which none of her stuff does so no one will touch it - ie headboards, chairs, cushions, mattresses and bed bases are completely worthless, you can't even give them away. Carpets are all fit only for the skip which arrives tomorrow - she is welcome to take them if she wants as saves me but I don't really want to encourage her to keep more rubbish as the bank has started final proceedings against her to take the final property off her and then she really will have to face a big clear out! really she needs a house clearance company and skip the rest. Was fussing on about curtain tracks today - hers if she wants them cos I ruddy don't - she swears she put them all up new but they are filthy! can't believe it!
Our PO was similar. The shed was so full you couldn't walk into it. And this was on move in day. Like she didn't know we were coming.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!! Rejoicing with you!!!!!!
Word of caution: don't put a thing in the new place until she has everything completely out and handed over the keys or she might say it hers, etc. Then change the locks and start making it yours!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!! Rejoicing with you!!!!!!
Word of caution: don't put a thing in the new place until she has everything completely out and handed over the keys or she might say it hers, etc. Then change the locks and start making it yours!.
dont worry she is not allowed keys and is not allowed in unsupervised this does not mean however she wont try it on ie coming in the middle of breakfast and wanting access etc - access is on my terms.

Congratulations!
Our PO was similar. The shed was so full you couldn't walk into it. And this was on move in day. Like she didn't know we were coming.
think the vast majority of people vastly underestimate how much crap they actually have! what doesn't help next door is she has squashed in furniture from the other 2 B&Bs that were sold into it so extra furniture.

thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Feel for you for the next 28 days. Then the days after that to rid the rest of the debris. We had to go to court to get a tenant out (not inn-related, totally different operation), the clean up is still not entirely done (because inn season started, and time vanished). Soon. I get to screen the tenant this time.
Sorry she is a hoarder, and on the clueless side. This too shall pass.

Good to hear some good news! Congratulations and just take one day at a time.

559_dancing.gif
Rejoice for the next 28 days.
Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you to rid yourself of a bunch of junk!

What a long, long road! These 28 days will pass quickly. Enjoy your new project!.
its more annoying as she has spent the last 3 months winning they won't let her in for her stuff and now she can she doesn't want to
Isn't that what it was all about for her cry about it now you can get... on with it girl she doesn't want to?? For her it is the end and ,Just maybe she doesn't want it to end it now.
Congratulations to you and your DH.
thumbs_up.gif
May it go smoothly from now on.

Congratulations! You have a long road ahead but once the dumpsters are full of her crap and hauled away you can begin to make the place yours!
thumbs_up.gif

Back