On-Line Reservation Systems

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThuderingWind

Reaction score
Which on-line reservation system is working best for you and why?
Does it send you an e-mail telling you the res was made? Or send a text message?
Is it part of your Front Desk Software package?
Where do you "keep" track of the money in your accounting system? Do you also keep a separate bank account (earning some interest) for the deposit (just in case they do cancel and get a refund per policy)? How does it automatically track into the Front Desk system for "Check Out" Billing?

Do a search on each of your questions and you will find many threads and answers. How about an intro from you so we have an idea who we are speaking to and a general vicinity of where you are from? Many answers depend on location, size of inn, and many other factors. Elucidate!

Do a search on each of your questions and you will find many threads and answers. How about an intro from you so we have an idea who we are speaking to and a general vicinity of where you are from? Many answers depend on location, size of inn, and many other factors. Elucidate!.
This Forum does not offer a New Member section to post an introduction.
The search box in the upper, right-hand corner is not providing Forum thread results, only outside Google results.

Do a search on each of your questions and you will find many threads and answers. How about an intro from you so we have an idea who we are speaking to and a general vicinity of where you are from? Many answers depend on location, size of inn, and many other factors. Elucidate!.
The search box in the upper, right-hand corner is not providing Forum thread results, only outside Google results.
Just start a thread (topic) Hello, I am.....
The search box will list quite a few of the threads where these topics are discussed. Just scroll below the ads by Go ogle. They will be listed by the date of the thread.

ThuderingWind said:
Just post an introductory post the same way you created this On-Line Reservation Systems thread. People will want to get to know you!
And yes, the search box gives LOTS of topics from this board. Only the first few at the top are Google results. Look for the ones linked to "innspiring.com"
And the answer to your question is: ReservationKey. :)

I think what I use probably blends what you are calling 'front desk' with the actual reservation piece. I get an email that I have a new rez waiting. I could send the email to my tablet so I would get essentially a text saying I have a new rez.
Most of us use simple software that allows the guest to make a reservation and allows us to see their info and make notes about the stay. Banking is done (for some) thru their rez software (deposits to accounts) and for others it's done thru the credit card machine.
Whether someone has a separate banking account for their biz vs their personal use is usually based on how their business is set up. Co-mingling funds isn't a good idea. Interest is a joke. So, if someone cancels and I have to refund them, the 2 cents I made from the deposit doesn't really offset the $15 fees incurred.
If you are looking at buying specific software, what are you looking at? Maybe someone here is using it already.

You are not using the right search terms, or you are not looking close enough. The majority of the results come from this forum. Try again please

We use Reservation Key, it does provide an email providing the reservation info, and sends a separate email with part of the billing info, the remaining billing info is kept online in the system helping you to keep your guest data secure.
As Maddie stated interest bearing accounts are a joke, depending on the size of the inn and your accounting set up you may just want to keep a padded amount in your business account for such an issue of a cancelation.
There are many accounting softwares out there from high end to simple. Your needs depends a lot on the size of the inn, employees etc.

We also use Reservation Key. It does a good job, is inexpensive and will take care of all your reservation needs and also provide you with occupancy, financial reports, etc. For us, I also use Quickbooks Pro which I have all my business transactions downloaded from my bank.
I would definitely have a separate business account. It makes everything neat and if you ever get audited it shows that you have not mingled personal and business expenditures.

We use Reservation Key, it does provide an email providing the reservation info, and sends a separate email with part of the billing info, the remaining billing info is kept online in the system helping you to keep your guest data secure.
As Maddie stated interest bearing accounts are a joke, depending on the size of the inn and your accounting set up you may just want to keep a padded amount in your business account for such an issue of a cancelation.
There are many accounting softwares out there from high end to simple. Your needs depends a lot on the size of the inn, employees etc..
what makes us more money than interest is cash back on credit cards! just spend every month and then pay it off at the end - makes me far more than interest!

There are many accounting softwares out there from high end to simple. Your needs depends a lot on the size of the inn, employees etc..
what makes us more money than interest is cash back on credit cards! just spend every month and then pay it off at the end - makes me far more than interest!
We use mileage cards for frequent flyer miles. Makes getting away on vacation much more affordable. We flew to Ireland from the west coast for $100 each (taxes).
Cash back or mileage is the way to go!

Yes, I used to do the same thing, cash back, but hubby made me change banks. No more "free money." :(

We have been with Reservation Nexus for 3 years. Customer service is top notch, and their page integrates nicely with your individual B&B's design.

Back