On the other hand, some guests get it.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Had a couple who stayed in their room for four nights. Never came to breakfast. He said, “we’re doing our own thing.”
As he left, he apologized for the mess. You can imagine what I imagined! We were half right. Yes, they had eaten in their room for four nights. Yes, there was tons of garbage. But the garbage was all contained in two trash can sized heavy duty trash bags. And the tip was generous. No stains on the bedding. Relieved!

We had a couple like that every year. Stayed in their room except for one hour every day when they went down the street for pizza and beer to bring back to their room.
I made a pan of brownies for them and left it in the room. They were quite happy and came back the same four days in December until they lost their jobs.
Had a couple who stayed in their room for four nights. Never came to breakfast. He said, “we’re doing our own thing.”
As he left, he apologized for the mess. You can imagine what I imagined! We were half right. Yes, they had eaten in their room for four nights. Yes, there was tons of garbage. But the garbage was all contained in two trash can sized heavy duty trash bags. And the tip was generous. No stains on the bedding. Relieved!

Why wouldnt you check in on the room during the stay? Not coming to breakfast always makes me a bit suspicious whats happening in the room...

Why wouldnt you check in on the room during the stay? Not coming to breakfast always makes me a bit suspicious whats happening in the room...
We gave up daily cleaning when covid hit and we decided we like it better this way. If someone is here more than four days, I offer a change of bedding.

We stopped daily cleaning. I sometimes joke about the place in town with the worst reviews.. if you want to look it up... take the name of the Golden Girls spin-off and replace the word Golden with Arena. Anyway, I say "How do they know when it's time to change the sheets there... The throw them against the wall, and if they stick, it's time!"

It's the old spaghetti joke, for a new age :)

Back