On the same page and yet beating your head against the wall

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
For those of you who are partnered into a B&B scenario even if the other person is on the same page, you still are never quite in the same M.O.
Case in point - requires a ladder to open a ceiling vent which a guest must have closed - so the next room in line has frigid cold air blowing into their room.
You ask. It is not done. You ask again. Not done again. To you who actually operate the B&B day-to-day, bookings, customer relations, TA! You are concerned with guest comfort - but the other person who never steps into a guest room unless something is completely broken and out of order and forced in - thinks it is no big deal. (Yes this is a mini rant here, sorry) But you understand how it is. You just can't do it all! Although I will add - YOU DO DO IT ALL! You really do, including bearing the stress on your shoulders in all situations and wonder why you can't turn your neck.
smileystooges.gif

Well right now my stress is a different kind and my husband's retort..."Just deal with it!" I know he wants to be supportive...but he really doesn't know how.

That is so frustrating. And there's absolutely no way to make the other person understand why it is so important to you. You've let it be known that you'd like it done ASAP, that's all you can do. Try to let it go...maybe your guests in that room will be like me who LOVE fresh, cold air!

We ARE living each other's lives! Yes, yes, yes!
Me: "Is there a reason that door hardware still has not been put back on?"
Him: "The wood putty had to dry where the screws go back in!"
Me: "For over 3 weeks?!"
Me again a little later: "So, I noticed that the hardware is still not back on?"
Him: "Well, I had to fill the other side with wood putty too."
Me: "I guess that the guests don't need a door knob for another 3 weeks, then?"
Him: Dirty look...and left sulking.
Yes, I'll eventually resort to sarcasm....
Doesn't get it that the second room of that suite might be rented and a guest might want to get into their room......
There are at least a thousand more examples.
My neck got in a knot reading your post, too! Hang in there!

Me again a little later: "So, I noticed that the hardware is still not back on?"
Doesn't get it that the second room of that suite might be rented and a guest might want to get into their room......
My neck got in a knot reading your post, too! Hang in there!.
Oh yeah, the sulking & attitude! I don't harp on things, but I do want it done in a "reasonable" time. Heaven forbid I forget to do something.....I get nagged about it endlessly until it's done! Sometimes I think I married my mother!

Oh Lord! Do I understand.
Yesterday on phone with Verizon trying to find out if my town had Internet again (found out at Council meeting Monday night the whole town was out). After going through the usual hell just getting a real live person, DH yells from kitchen for the third time (I did not respond because I was hoping for a voice as I punched numbers) that my breakfast was ready and I yell back I am on the f##ing phone just as I hear a woman's voice saying her name and click! Jump when I hear my Master's Voice but it is a deaf ear whan I am asking.....Now I get to go to the car dealer to get some work done on the car. HE made the appointment yesterday but I have to go too! (or I am the one going. Not sure which yet.)

Oh yeah, the sulking & attitude! I don't harp on things, but I do want it done in a "reasonable" time. Heaven forbid I forget to do something.....I get nagged about it endlessly until it's done! Sometimes I think I married my mother!
I also get the pout, the EXCUSE ME!, I am not allowed to say anything around here. Yeah, right. He is the only one allowed to say anything! He is as manipulative as his Mother and SHE was an expert!

I don't harp either which is why I guess I didn't notice that door hardware hadn't been put back on there for 3 weeks!
My dh does have a full-time plus job outside of this biz, but he insists on doing some things himself. In which case, they still need to get done in a timely fashion, don't you think?
I just had painters here for a full day and a half doing wood repair and painting and he was giving me grief about paying to have that work done. Uh, could I wait for when he would have time? Nooooooooo......
Haha! Sometimes I say, "I had a mother and she was a short, red-headed Southern woman!" :)

Back