Once you start .... you can't stop

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Two great new reviews over the past couple of days .... BUT.... and it's a BIG BUT(T) .... the cleanliness option has been "very good" not "excellent". I know a lot of it has to do with the thick yellow pollen that coats everything this time of year, but I decided that this was a downward spiral that had to be nipped in the bud immediately.
So - I started today on a top to bottom, hands and knees, scrub down of everything ... and I mean everything. The trouble is that once you start, everything that looked OK suddenly doesn't. I have my disgusting, bleach-holed clothes on and by the time I'm finished they won't even be good for dusting.

Oh well....at least you know you have put out the effort. You can't fight mother nature...this has been a really bad year for pollen and it is not over yet. Don't fret too much.

For the love of Mike, whatever you do, STOP when the thoughts start turning toward, "You know, now that everything is so completely clean, it's obvious the curtains could stand be replaced." Then the paint won't look good. Then the furniture. Next thing you know, you'll be pulling permits for the remodel.
Damned pollen.

Ahhh, explains why I do not start in the first place.....

Oh well....at least you know you have put out the effort. You can't fight mother nature...this has been a really bad year for pollen and it is not over yet. Don't fret too much..
Not fretting - just want to take control of it NOW. To do what I do best, I need a base-line comfort level. I'm proud of my place, I'm proud of what I do, I am NOT a natural when it comes to an immaculate house which means I probably try too hard but I AM a natural worrier and doing this will remove another level of stress.

For the love of Mike, whatever you do, STOP when the thoughts start turning toward, "You know, now that everything is so completely clean, it's obvious the curtains could stand be replaced." Then the paint won't look good. Then the furniture. Next thing you know, you'll be pulling permits for the remodel.
Damned pollen..
hmmmmm - me thinks you've met me before .....

Ahhh, explains why I do not start in the first place......
LOL - that was my first thought. Now - here's the really sick part - once I start, I love, love, love it.
It is awfully gratifying when it's all done. And now you have a good excuse to buy a new t-shirt, too.
Innkeeper To Go said:
It is awfully gratifying when it's all done. And now you have a good excuse to buy a new t-shirt, too.
And pants. And shoes. And a new purse. "This old jewelry doesn't look good with all these new things . . . "

We are scrubbing the grout lines in the bathroom floor if it helps to know you are not alone...

We are scrubbing the grout lines in the bathroom floor if it helps to know you are not alone....
Oh - yes it helps. What also helps is that I have my own "anglo-80s" mix blaring. Poor DH is rolling his eyes. My 5 cd changer is currently playing:
The Specials
Ultravox
Men at work
Thomas Dolby
Matchbox 20
.... but I have some more appropriate music ready to roll as soon as I seen a car pull into the parking lot.

Oh how I do NOT miss the pollen! We don't have it here. But a new evil could be lurking by mid summer...oil. The GulfStream that would bring it here is only about 4 miles off shore.
I did, however, spend 10 hours today doing decrapification in mid 90-degree temps. I removed so much stuff that the yacht now sits up 2" higher on top of the water. The diver is going to have to clean the new, dried scumline. :) I can finally see the boot stripe at the waterline again. I wonder how long this joy will last...I need to order my annual fuel. Ugh...

We are scrubbing the grout lines in the bathroom floor if it helps to know you are not alone....
Oh - yes it helps. What also helps is that I have my own "anglo-80s" mix blaring. Poor DH is rolling his eyes. My 5 cd changer is currently playing:
The Specials
Ultravox
Men at work
Thomas Dolby
Matchbox 20
.... but I have some more appropriate music ready to roll as soon as I seen a car pull into the parking lot.
It sounds exactly to me like what my DH calls CLEANING FRENZY. He leaves the house with the dogs and gets out of the way. I started looking at the cabinets in the cabin yesterday thinking they needed paint. Then looked at the window trim, then the ceiling. He called the dogs to go for a walk when I started talking about ripping the ceiling tiles off.....I stopped for now, but mentally it is in the works... maybe some off white paint......

Back