One day at a time

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cat_lady

Reaction score
Not quite one year under our belt. We've survived!
I had someone book a room for two nights in behalf of their son's in-laws for a memorial service for her husband this spring. Not the best of circumstances to be staying with us, but we made sure we took care of them and tried to make their stay memorable. Now, I got a call from the original caller and now she wants to book all four of our rooms for two nights for an all-ladies tour of our island next August. She said she remembered how beautiful our place was and how well we looked after her son's in-laws. Nice to get an advance summer booking. I guess everyone is right. Word of mouth and patience.
As well, this morning, two guests checked out that stayed with us for three nights. Language barrier here (they were from France and my high school French was a million years ago). But we muddled through and made them comfortable. Weather wasn't the greatest but they were real troopers and we made sure the fire was going in the wood stove in the evenings. Anyways, as they were leaving, she actually shed a few tears and became very emotional. Said how kind I was and that she'll never forget her stay. I was very touched. I love days like this. It made my day.

It is much more than a place to sleep. I am blessed hearing how you are blessed. Thank you SO SO MUCH for sharing this with us.
heart.gif

It is much more than a place to sleep. I am blessed hearing how you are blessed. Thank you SO SO MUCH for sharing this with us.
heart.gif
Honestly, I thank the day I found this forum. Everyone has had such valuable suggestions and input. You are ALL wonderful!!

heart.gif
Honestly, I thank the day I found this forum. Everyone has had such valuable suggestions and input. You are ALL wonderful!!
2cat_lady said:
and we're mean and grouchy too, so don't be surprised when the curmudgeon in us rears its ugly head here too. Just like any normal abnormal family, that's us.

how nice ... these are things to hold onto when guests are cranky and so hard to please.

What a wonderful thing to hear. Kindness pays off - and even when it doesn't, it is good for our self-esteem.

heart.gif
2cat_lady said:
and we're mean and grouchy too, so don't be surprised when the curmudgeon in us rears its ugly head here too. Just like any normal abnormal family, that's us.
I'm afraid I have a horrible personality flaw-- I try and see the good in everyone. And when someone is mean or nasty, I make excuses for them. I always try and imagine what horrible thing happened in their life to make them that way. I don't wear rose coloured glasses but I try to roll with the punches.

This made me smile. We had an awesome weekend with wonderful guests, it was much needed. Off season here we come...

heart.gif
2cat_lady said:
I'm afraid I have a horrible personality flaw-- I try and see the good in everyone. And when someone is mean or nasty, I make excuses for them. I always try and imagine what horrible thing happened in their life to make them that way. I don't wear rose coloured glasses but I try to roll with the punches.
You are sounding more like a veteran every day!
thumbs_up.gif

heart.gif
2cat_lady said:
2cat_lady said:
There is always a reason.
The prickliest of porcupines are the ones who need love most.

Back