One Man's Fight to Have a B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but it's called "Get it in writing". Why would you move forward with construction without the definitive permits/allowances in place? Doesn't make sense.

He must have had them if they approved the plans. They changed their mind.

I think with the approved plans he has a lawsuit. Unless he made too many changes or took too long that should be enough.

He must have had them if they approved the plans. They changed their mind..
From the article it says he had it verbally, not in writing. He probably still does have a case though, but he'll have to fight it.
ETA: Nothing about this place sounds remotely residential, it's all about corporate retreats...so why try to get the residential designation in the first place? Just to save $$?

Didn't he say he had plans? Before he could get a permit he would need approval here where I live.

Sorry, but it's called "Get it in writing". Why would you move forward with construction without the definitive permits/allowances in place? Doesn't make sense..
Don Draper said:
Sorry, but it's called "Get it in writing". Why would you move forward with construction without the definitive permits/allowances in place? Doesn't make sense.
and yet we read that here all the time don't we. They show up on the forum - this dude may have been here at one time, and the first thing everyone says in onslaught is "check for permitting...get it in writing" as we always do. They talk about linens and charging guests who might be bad guests etc and ignore the warnings from the experience ones.
then shock horror they are not allowed to open a B&B due to zoning....but but someone at city hall said I could over the phone!
There is SOMETHING TO buying and established B&B!

Feel for him but he should have gotten it all in writing I have been in battles with Harrogate Borough Council over my windows for about 18 months (beat them to death with the help of my dad) and concerning my basement won on all counts though mainly because we took them on a tour of every property that is like ours with the windows and light wells we wanted till they were so tired they would have signed for us to paint the whole building pink and blue if we had wanted. ( what we wanted to do was dig a light well to let more light into the basement, so they said to put a grill over it so people didn't fall in and that it had to be thick enough to hold a persons weight (ie so thick no light would get through) we said can we just put a high railing round so people don't fall in. (Does not compute does not compute) looks really good now. They always act like we are trying to disfigure our bulding and in what univerce would that be something that would be in my interest?

Back