One more goofy thing...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
We have a room with 6 windows in it. 5 of them are fairly 'small' compared with the one other window. Those 5 are hard to get at, have curtains that block anyone walking by from looking in and are behind furniture. If you need to open a window, the one big window is easy to get at.
So, this morning what windows are open? You got it. The 5 small windows were each open about a 1/4 inch. I had to move furniture to close them as they are tall, narrow windows and I'm veritically challenged. All of the curtains were all over the place and the shades were every which way.
The easy window? Not even touched.

they wanted air without someone being able to climb in? that's all i can come up with.

they wanted air without someone being able to climb in? that's all i can come up with..
I would bet you are right! It is surprising how many come to this little city and lock EVERYTHING - even to come down to breakfast!
Our City is so quiet that my daughter the cop would eat her weapon out of boredom. Domestics, drunks, and drugs are the big problems here. We do not even get many speeders!

they wanted air without someone being able to climb in? that's all i can come up with..
Given all of the windows are at the same height and the ones they opened are actually visible to anyone on the street or on the porch and the one other window is not, I'm not thinking that's it.

hmm ... in that case, i'd say they opened ALL the windows and only closed the one that was easy to close ... leaving the rest for you to deal with.

Silly, silly guests! I'm still surprised when folks open the windows and not the storm windows. They are not that drafty that you can really get some air! They will sometimes open a window that's behind furniture too and not an easier one but I'm thinking that they just don't bother to close it and had others open too.

Silly, silly guests! I'm still surprised when folks open the windows and not the storm windows. They are not that drafty that you can really get some air! They will sometimes open a window that's behind furniture too and not an easier one but I'm thinking that they just don't bother to close it and had others open too..
Oh, yeah, the old 'open window leave storm closed' trick happens here a lot. Each room has at least one window without a storm (double paned windows) so that one window can be opened easily in the winter.

Back