One of those quirky things

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I have a couple of hundred books for sale online. (No, not a sales pitch.) It always strikes me as an odd twist when someone who lives where I bought the book orders the book from me. I just sold a 'southern' cookbook that I bought in the airport in Charlotte to someone who lives in Charlotte.

interesting.
can you sell the books through your inn? as in, 'we have some books for sale ... here's the listing'
do you have links from your website recommending the book seller ( you ) ? you might not want to associate the two, but if you have links to 'sites we like' ? ..... just thinking

interesting.
can you sell the books through your inn? as in, 'we have some books for sale ... here's the listing'
do you have links from your website recommending the book seller ( you ) ? you might not want to associate the two, but if you have links to 'sites we like' ? ..... just thinking.
I used to have the bookcase in the dining room with all the books on it. A little note saying they were for sale. Worked somewhat but too many books went wandering. And some of the books are pricey so I had to stop that.
I don't really have enough for sale to make it worth it. Maybe from my blog I could put the link to my 'store.'
This used to be a big deal for me. Paid my car and all the bills associated with the biz. But I had thousands of books at that point!

PS I got that book that had the non profit bookseller selling them on amazon. They did nothing further but DID send a nice bookmarker with the book. Have you considered doing that with your Inn's info? Just because i love bookmarks I am keeping it in the book. Just thought I would mention it, if you sell a few, it is a good way to send them info. They did it and it was not bothersome at all, the schpeal on my email was bothersome and I wanted to cancel my order, but didn't.
Books lovers love B&B's - so it would be cool if I got one from you in your state.

PS I got that book that had the non profit bookseller selling them on amazon. They did nothing further but DID send a nice bookmarker with the book. Have you considered doing that with your Inn's info? Just because i love bookmarks I am keeping it in the book. Just thought I would mention it, if you sell a few, it is a good way to send them info. They did it and it was not bothersome at all, the schpeal on my email was bothersome and I wanted to cancel my order, but didn't.
Books lovers love B&B's - so it would be cool if I got one from you in your state..
Good idea. I could put in a biz card or a postcard. I don't have bookmarks. I used to when I did this fulltime. Every once in awhile they show up stuffed in books of my own. Kind of fun. What's neat about this book is that I do have a bookmark from a museum I went to in the area! Found it in the book when I went to wrap it up.

Back