One thing you learned from YOUR STAY at another inn that you have implemented?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another thing I did that was simple and I have no idea if a guest ever uses much, was put a pack of cards, small notepad and pen in each room (together). We enjoyed playing cards once, because they were there, not in a library or anything, just in the room on the desk/dresser..
I stayed at a lovely place and they had scratch pads with their logo & info printed on them. They're kind of expensive, but the next time I had printing done, I had them create scratch pads for me. Guests loved them. I'm now out of them and looking for a cheaper supplier. They only have 20 sheets on each pad.
Does anyone else have these? Know of a good/cheap supplier?
I order them from Office Depot...no logo, lots more sheets and very affordable. If you're energectic, you can always use a rubber stamp for your logo!
Little Blue said:
I order them from Office Depot...no logo, lots more sheets and very affordable. If you're energectic, you can always use a rubber stamp for your logo!
The whole point of having them is another way to help the "brand", so it also has to look professional. Many guests take them and I want them to be reminded of our B&B and their stay every time they see it.
NO, the whole point of MY having them is so the guest has something to write on. I could care less about putting my name and logo on everything in the room. Guests will and do remember us regardless of whether our note pads have our name and logo on them.
IF I have to count on them to remember us from the stationery, I'm doing something wrong.
Little Blue said:
NO, the whole point of MY having them is so the guest has something to write on. I could care less about putting my name and logo on everything in the room. Guests will and do remember us regardless of whether our note pads have our name and logo on them.
IF I have to count on them to remember us from the stationery, I'm doing something wrong.
If only that were true! I have had guests standing in my dining room asking me the name of the place they are staying. Our guests stay at so many places on one vacation, they really don't know where they are.

I learned that no ones knows what it is like to be an inkeeper except another innkeeper. That is what makes this "place" so great!
Someone from here even mailed me a card. Now that was sweet! Thanks that made my day!
cheers.gif

Thanks to all of you!!

Since I read every post ever posted at the predecessor forum, I'd say at least 90% of what I do was stolen from someone somewhere. As far as actual visits...
  • Curtains with a metal hold back... easy to close for privacy but elegant. (Surprise Kathleen! I got that from you!)
  • Putting the computer code in the desk drawer. (Duh!)
  • Electric outlet near bed (that's from the B&B's that don't have them!).
I don't have to stay in a place to get great ideas. I got a lot of my ideas when I was in my research stage and some kind innkeepers gave me tours of their inns
  • Don't fill the bath salts all the way up
  • Have some fun and unexpected touches. (One guy had a beta fish.)
  • Work with the incoming freshman families and reserve graduation and parents weekends 3 or 4 years in advance... which allows you to pick and choose which families get to stay (pitas are much further down the "waiting" list)
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
  • Work with the incoming freshman families and reserve graduation and parents weekends 3 or 4 years in advance... which allows you to pick and choose which families get to stay (pitas are much further down the "waiting" list)
=)
Kk.
I like this one ;)

I learned that no ones knows what it is like to be an inkeeper except another innkeeper. That is what makes this "place" so great!
Someone from here even mailed me a card. Now that was sweet! Thanks that made my day!
cheers.gif

Thanks to all of you!!.
MTLLodge said:
cheers.gif

Thanks to all of you!!
After a recent loss, one of the nicest members here did the same and even my edgy, crusty, overly sensitive, curmudgeonly self was brought to tears.
I'd do the same for another going through a tough time, but have no idea how to reach her.

All of our rooms had a different clock radio. We stayed at an Inn that had a clock radio with a CD player in the top. They had a couple of CD's in the room. It was very relaxing having the choice to play one (one of our favorite artists Yo Yo Ma).
Came home and immediately ordered 4 (one for each guest room, we don't have TV's in our guest rooms). Guests can also hook up their Ipod and play it through the speakers.

All of our rooms had a different clock radio. We stayed at an Inn that had a clock radio with a CD player in the top. They had a couple of CD's in the room. It was very relaxing having the choice to play one (one of our favorite artists Yo Yo Ma).
Came home and immediately ordered 4 (one for each guest room, we don't have TV's in our guest rooms). Guests can also hook up their Ipod and play it through the speakers..
I got those CD/clock radios several years ago when Mr. Romance asked if there was a CD player in the room. Got one for his room and then a few months later found them in the half-price bin and scooped them for the other guest tooms. I have a Steve Goodman CD in each room - a Chicago folksinger who wrote the City of New Orleans that Arlo Guthrie made famous (we saw Steve in concert a few months before he died of leukemia and before he sang it said that this will take care of my family for me). He did Watching Joey Glow, Dying CUB Fan's Request, The Old Smoothies... poinient songs and fun songs. One of my favorites was the Lincoln Park Pirates about the towing company that had the Chicago contract - the drivers were all graduates of the "charm school at Joliet".

another thing I did that was simple and I have no idea if a guest ever uses much, was put a pack of cards, small notepad and pen in each room (together). We enjoyed playing cards once, because they were there, not in a library or anything, just in the room on the desk/dresser..
I stayed at a lovely place and they had scratch pads with their logo & info printed on them. They're kind of expensive, but the next time I had printing done, I had them create scratch pads for me. Guests loved them. I'm now out of them and looking for a cheaper supplier. They only have 20 sheets on each pad.
Does anyone else have these? Know of a good/cheap supplier?
Little Blue said:
The whole point of having them is another way to help the "brand", so it also has to look professional. Many guests take them and I want them to be reminded of our B&B and their stay every time they see it.
Little Blue said:
If only that were true! I have had guests standing in my dining room asking me the name of the place they are staying. Our guests stay at so many places on one vacation, they really don't know where they are.
That's one good thing about having a ridiculously memorable name.

Back