online booking system

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeptight

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if I could get a little advice. I have a template based website for my B&B. I am interested in incorporating a booking system into the site. Does anyone else have a build-your-own website with a booking system? If so, what company do you use? What booking system do you all enjoy using the best? I am just beginning to do some research so I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

A lot of us use ReservationKey. It's generally not built into your website. Instead, clicking on your "Reserve Now" button takes the guest to the ReservationKey secure server for people to enter their dates, make their reservation, and optionally, pay with a credit card. The page on their site can be customized to look like the guest is still on your own site.
Their system works well and is a great value, much cheaper than some systems that do the same thing.

You can do a search on this site using the search field under the 'Featured Inn' photo in the upper right. Online booking has been discussed in depth quite a lot so there will be lots of info!

We use ReservationKey for our online reservations and Authorize.net for our credit card processing for the online reservation. The plus side is that it works flawlessly and is relatively inexpensive. On the downside, I have to manually rekey each reservation into Quickbooks.
I could switch to another system that uses Intuit credit card processing and it would automatically get entered into Quickbooks, but I can't justify the difference in the costs.

We use ReservationKey for our online reservations and Authorize.net for our credit card processing for the online reservation. The plus side is that it works flawlessly and is relatively inexpensive. On the downside, I have to manually rekey each reservation into Quickbooks.
I could switch to another system that uses Intuit credit card processing and it would automatically get entered into Quickbooks, but I can't justify the difference in the costs..
Can't you just have your biz bank account download into Quickbooks?

Back