Online rez %

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Well, just did a report to see what the % of online to phone calls is...40% online to 60% phone. That's up about 10-13% from last year.

I'd have to look it up, but it feels like I get about a quarter to a third of mine online.
=)
Kk.

I can proudly say we get 90-95% of ours online. Which is my goal in life!!
When I get a call to book a room it is not very often. Typically the callers are the ones who say "Gee, your rooms costs THAT much" and don't book.
Even when they leave a brief messg I wait before calling them back as my voice mail directs them to the website to save $10 by booking online and to check availability. So most of the time I see the same # pop up on the webervations rez.

When I get a call to book a room it is not very often. Typically the callers are the ones who say "Gee, your rooms costs THAT much" and don't book.
Even when they leave a brief messg I wait before calling them back as my voice mail directs them to the website to save $10 by booking online and to check availability. So most of the time I see the same # pop up on the webervations rez..
We are still getting mostly phone rez', even with the online availability...do you think it is directly related to your discount that your online rez is so high? I wondered about doing this...

Even when they leave a brief messg I wait before calling them back as my voice mail directs them to the website to save $10 by booking online and to check availability. So most of the time I see the same # pop up on the webervations rez..
We are still getting mostly phone rez', even with the online availability...do you think it is directly related to your discount that your online rez is so high? I wondered about doing this...
inncogneeto said:
Yes Siree! Exactly why. I upped our rates to offer this discount. Guests in tonight booked yesterday for tonight online to save $

inncogneeto said:
I tried this because JBJ gloats (
wink_smile.gif
)about not having to answer the phone and answer all those questions. Didn't work. And that is because I do not know where guests get my info. I need to change my website email address to see if that's where the emails are coming from. I still get 60% who call or email.

I haven't run the numbers yet but it's got to be 95% or higher with online rez. Then, there are a few phone calls where they couldn't figure out how to book different rooms (like one room of the 2 room suites, then the 2 room suites) online during their stay, otherwise they would have done it.
We get very few phone calls to book.

I just pulled out my reservations slips for tonight's arrivals. Five out of six were made online. Overall, I would guess we run 50-75% online bookings.

We are 95% online. I have the tours fill out a form and email it from my website, and the B&B is thru webervations. Some call if they are unsure about which room, or they call when it is last minute.
Chris is usually outside working and the phones are forwarded to me at work on vibrate so I can call them back when I have a break.
Riki

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Even when they leave a brief messg I wait before calling them back as my voice mail directs them to the website to save $10 by booking online and to check availability. So most of the time I see the same # pop up on the webervations rez.
OK, I was just on your website checking out your special. I'm thinking about trying it out, doing the special for booking online. I wondered if it was $10 total, or $10 per night, and now I see it's per night. So I guess I would be raising my rates by $10...
How do you communicate that they don't get the discount on the special weekends? About how many special weekends do you have in a year?
=)
Kk.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
OK, I was just on your website checking out your special. I'm thinking about trying it out, doing the special for booking online. I wondered if it was $10 total, or $10 per night, and now I see it's per night. So I guess I would be raising my rates by $10...
How do you communicate that they don't get the discount on the special weekends? About how many special weekends do you have in a year?
=)
Kk.
When I did JBJ's $10 off book online special, I did it as just a single $10 off, no matter how many nights. I did not make it subject to any rules other than 'no multiple discounts'. I didn't raise rates to cover it. I think I got about 10-12 bookings out of it in 2 months.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
=)
Kk.
I also do $10 off per night for booking online. I didn't raise my rates to cover it. That's the point! It's an incentive to book online. I don't know what your taxes are there but here it's 14% (will drop to 13% Oct 1st) which is a big chunk of change onto the room bill. The $10 off helps people. I am willing to do it to have people enter all their info and not have to answer the phone all the time, but that is just me. Just had a referral from another B&B here & the caller hadn't seen our site, so I sent the caller there to look at all our room photos. A picture is worth a thousand words! they booked 2 nights in November.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
=)
Kk.
I also do $10 off per night for booking online. I didn't raise my rates to cover it. That's the point! It's an incentive to book online. I don't know what your taxes are there but here it's 14% (will drop to 13% Oct 1st) which is a big chunk of change onto the room bill. The $10 off helps people. I am willing to do it to have people enter all their info and not have to answer the phone all the time, but that is just me. Just had a referral from another B&B here & the caller hadn't seen our site, so I sent the caller there to look at all our room photos. A picture is worth a thousand words! they booked 2 nights in November.
Samster said:
I am willing to do it to have people enter all their info and not have to answer the phone all the time, but that is just me
That's why I'm thinking about doing it... having less paperwork on my end.
Our taxes are only 3% (plus $0.37 per person per night food tax).
=)
Kk.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
=)
Kk.
Samster said:
I am willing to do it to have people enter all their info and not have to answer the phone all the time, but that is just me
That's why I'm thinking about doing it... having less paperwork on my end.
Our taxes are only 3% (plus $0.37 per person per night food tax).
=)
Kk.
Once they enter it, it is in the rez system. I just need to do my "office" work on the rez. Saves me a pretty good amount of time that I can do other things.

Back