Online Webinar

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Keeper

Reaction score
My experience with webinars has not been all that great, but I am always looking for ways to increase bed and breakfast specific marketing knowledge. Have you taken online classes through PAII? What was the value? What were the challenges? Do you have an opportunity for post event questions?

HHHHMMMM...thought some of our convention goers might have tried the PAII online stuff and would have some feedback. I have only done some online training with bedandbreakfast.com and I found it a bit limited. The thought of signing up is fading... perhaps it's catchy titles and not a lot of meat.

I LOVED Acorns webinars! I learned alot. But since they are now charging I stop "going"

I LOVED Acorns webinars! I learned alot. But since they are now charging I stop "going".
Thanks for the feedback.
So would you say that the value was limited if you have decided not to continue? Did what you learn increase your revenue or profit? Was it "general information" that required you to figure out implementation?
There are so many "e-perts" out their that lead you down an endless stream.

With my innkeeper A.D.D. I was unable to sit still and focus on someone talking into a camera or slow slides. It is not "for me", it bordered on torture. I mean right now as I am typing this I have 6 browsers open, writing a blog article, paying a bill and more... I just felt it was not paced right for someone who already knows quite a bit about the subject. So that means from me to you, you wouldn't dig it.

When I started "going to them I didn't have any ideal about the internet and how it all works. So I learned alot. Now if you have an ideal about it then maybe it would't be for you. I really loved Club 60!

With my innkeeper A.D.D. I was unable to sit still and focus on someone talking into a camera or slow slides. It is not "for me", it bordered on torture. I mean right now as I am typing this I have 6 browsers open, writing a blog article, paying a bill and more... I just felt it was not paced right for someone who already knows quite a bit about the subject. So that means from me to you, you wouldn't dig it..
Thanks JB That's kinda what I was thinking. I was looking at PAII and the membership levels and wondered whether all those webinars you can look at would be worth reviewing for a hundred bucks. I saw they had two things offered at the top. One says it's free for Gold members- the other doesn't. The benefit list says all webinars are free, but I guess the one has a differnet name and isn't free for anyone.

Okay, I've done A BUNCH of them. PAII, BnB dot com...Merchant Circle...
YMMV. Period. The PAII ones were very good when we were aspiring/first starting. The BnB dot com ones seemed better...but they repeat after a while. Merchant Circle...not my go-to resource. BUT - theirs are kept on YouTube, so if you do a search, you might find lots of options.
The best ones I've done - hate to say it - weren't free. I paid for them. They were more like an online class, though. And it was both expensive (for us) and worth every penny.
JB - I can hardly stand sitting there (for the freebies). I knit or crochet, watch the kids (I try to have them watching a movie at the same time...), check email, take notes, complain on FB (about being bored). Partly, I did them for a while to keep a record of how I was running a REAL business and I was SERIOUS (in case the IRS asked). Once things picked up, I feel less of a need to prove anything to anyone. Every once in a while, a topic will come up that piques my interest, and I try to see it as a good excuse to sit for an hour.

Back