Only important to me … are minimoos still a good thing?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Not an earth shattering discussion

when I kept the inn, I offered minimoos as cream because they didn’t require refrigeration.

I have a part time office job and they generously provide a Keurig, Coffee, tea and sweetener, just not milk or cream.

I bring in my own sweetener to use what I prefer
As I said, they don’t provide cream
I bring in my own
No end of disguising it, labeling and hiding it keeps the cream bandits away
Friday I discovered the container in the fridge in the bag hidden in its spot, empty.
😡
Are minimoos still a good option? I am NOT sorry I am not going to provide cream for the office. What did they do before me? I was told that’s not something the office will buy. No problem for me to bing my own. For me.
It’s been a long time since I’ve dealt with an office fridge and missing lunches, etc.

Such a small issue in a big world.

Suggestions welcome for a non refrigerated option

Minimoos are the best invention ever. You can find them on the coffee aisle in most markets.

Inn-wise, the minimoos are by the coffee station all day replaced by a pitcher of half and half during breakfast hours.

I used to use them and loved them. I stopped because I had to buy so many in a box and did not have that much need (3 rooms in Podunk does not use a lot of creamer). It is only in summer do I buy 1/2 & 1/2 by the quart.

I’m not sure how many you use, but could you buy a box and just bring what you’ll use in a day? Or, bring in a small thermos of cream you keep in your purse? It wouldn’t really need to be a thermos, either. Unless it’s 80 degrees in the office.

Yes, I’d just bring in a few at a time in my bag or stash some in my desk. Doubt anyone would go in my desk. If that happens, they’ll stay in my bag.
just wanted to know if they’re still good.
I don’t have a thermos and don’t really want to bring one. I just want to have some cream there.
Seems petty of me to see this on screen
Reminds me of the guest fridges at the inn … people leaving things when they checked out or cramming huge packs of leftovers in them. I can’t imagine eating someone else’s leftovers. 😎

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I had the same problem with my roommates in an apartment. We were 6 in the apartment and I didn't care if they used it, as long as they told me... because I kept a running total in my head of what I had at home... being a student on a budget means you do things like that. In any case, I had to stop it and I went with the only method that I knew. I put vinegar in my milk and put it back in the fridge.

It left them with a dilemma... do they tell me or don't they tell me. Because of course, I ruined their coffee. If they tell me, then I know who is taking my milk... if they don't tell me, it stays there and ruins other people's coffee.

But you could really get the point across and get this... https://www.amazon.com/Food-Snack-Lock-Away-Temptations/dp/B08CBN5FQ9 or https://www.amazon.com/Medicine-Medication-Storage-Refrigerator-Lockable/dp/B09HV11SMJ and well.. they will QUICKLY get the message that it's yours and yours only.

Haha! Omy
Back when I had housemates I did that dance but never put vinegar in milk! What a hoot.

Haha! Omy
Back when I had housemates I did that dance but never put vinegar in milk! What a hoot.
In a time long ago, I remember dad speaking of his days as a merchant seaman where there was a case of someone "borrowing" their beer. Eventually some bottles were filled with "recycled" beer and it broke up the game of borrowing.

There is always syrup of ipecap, if you can get it. Or lactulose syrup. Both of which will tell you who the culprit is, quick enough. The lactulose syrup will probably give you the most satisfaction, of course.

A Themes or Contigo bottle will help your problem of keeping it cool. We have used them at the inn in the past.

Back