Only Scammers Use Telemarketing...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that all telemarketers are scammers, no matter how good their intention... and the worst one...

I deal with a lot of companies, my bank, my credit card processor, my reservation software, Google, Facebook, Twitter, BK, X and Air. And all of them manage the relationship online, in email. Not a single one calls me. Well, okay, X and BK call in an emergency. And Google in all fairness did actually call me once to help me streamline a problem. But no one else manages their relationship with me via phone call.... who does? TripAdvisor

You know who also doesn't listen to me... TripAdvisor. Everything has to be in email or I have no trace. Don't call. Email me!

And when they do, and I ask questions about things, they can't give me a sufficient answer. They want me to advertise. I ask if I can advertise is France and Germany only... nope, you have to take the whole world. Well, I don't want the whole world. I don't get guests from Mauritius. I don't get guests from Romania. I don't get guests from Slovenia or Slovakia. I want to target my ads. Guess who can't target. Well, then you can have the US. Okay, can I have New York, Vermont, New Hampshire? Nope, you have to take all of the USA. I don't get guests from Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Missouri, or even Mississippi. Ah, but you have to take it all or nothing. Nothing.... but but but... Nothing.

They even called me during the COVID shutdown, when I wasn't allowed to even take guests... don't you want to advertise? WHY? I've been closed by the government... who am I advertising toward? Anyone want to buy TripAdvisor stock... I'm selling them short. Not even sure how they make money anymore. Clients don't even use them for reviews... Google reviews (and X and BK) are where the reviews are. Is anyone still using TripAdvisor? Really? UGH!

Agree we don't like telemarketers; most I receive are RoBo calls, soon as the recording starts, I'm gone. I favor email, keep a record and it helps with a short memory.

Different areas may be different, many more seem to use TA reviews in our area than Google, I don't use X and BK.

For us, X does call to upsell, a promotion, or bug us why we have no availability when we are sold out. We have never received a call from TA, but we do from Y**P, who are high pressured. Agree with the general statement that telemarketers are mostly scammers. No calls from Google, except the scammer calls to claim our Google business listing that was done years ago.

All the calls claiming to be Google are SCAMS. The only time Google reaches out is a security concern or to help with Adwords... because they are an advertising company. I have spoken with adwords and they actually helped me save money, which is also in their interest, because if you are successful, you continue to use it.

X and BK send me the promotion stuff, availability stuff by email. They have called once or twice when there was very little availability, but now just send me an email. Y**P has never called me. I put TA phone numbers on Call Block and report them for telemarketing to Hiya (an app that blocks telemarketing calls). So when they call, the screen says "Suspected telemarketer" and people can decide if they want to answer or not.

Back