Open-source fonts optimized for the Web

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Google Web Fonts gets a facelift: now with hundreds of free, open-source fonts optimized for the Web - http://bit.ly/kY1iZ7
This is a great tool, you can use them from the website or download them.
[COLOR= rgb(119, 119, 119)]Tip:[/COLOR] Using many font styles can slow down your webpage, so only select the font styles that you actually need on your webpage.

Love it! I love fonts. I don't like the plain version I've got on my site so this will be fun.

Love it! I love fonts. I don't like the plain version I've got on my site so this will be fun..
Remember, if the font is not on someone's computer, it will default to whatever is similar. So there are tons of cute fonts out there..are they readable??? And will they even be recognized?? Be careful

Love it! I love fonts. I don't like the plain version I've got on my site so this will be fun..
Remember, if the font is not on someone's computer, it will default to whatever is similar. So there are tons of cute fonts out there..are they readable??? And will they even be recognized?? Be careful
Aw gee, mom...can't a girl have some fun? ;)

catlady said:
What browsers are supported?
The Google Font API is compatible with the following browsers:
  • Google Chrome: version 4.249.4+
  • Mozilla Firefox: version: 3.5+
  • Apple Safari: version 3.1+
  • Opera: version 10.5+
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer: version 6+
Does the Google Font API work on mobile devices?
The Google Font API works reliably on the vast majority of modern mobile operating systems, including Android 2.2+ and iOS 4.2+ (iPhone, iPad, iPod). Support for earlier iOS versions is limited.
What do unsupported browsers see?
If someone using an unsupported browser visits a page that uses the Font API, then the text is displayed using the next available font in your CSS font stack.
How can I ensure that behavior is consistent across browsers?

As described on the Technical Considerations page, browsers may vary in their behavior while web fonts are downloading.

catlady said:
The Google Font API works reliably on the vast majority of modern mobile operating systems, including Android 2.2+ and iOS 4.2+ (iPhone, iPad, iPod). Support for earlier iOS versions is limited.
If someone using an unsupported browser visits a page that uses the Font API, then the text is displayed using the next available font in your CSS font stack.

As described on the Technical Considerations page, browsers may vary in their behavior while web fonts are downloading.

Uh oh. CSS font stack.

catlady said:

Uh oh. CSS font stack.
SORRY.....AI.....CSS yes....but how many put a line of different fonts in their css? I usually have one or two and that is it.

This is sure a nice thing that really could lift any website to new levels! The user don't need to have the font installed, as it used to be in the old days. CSS isn't really that hard!
regular_smile.gif

Back