Opinions on new color on website, please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I just changed the background color on one page on my website. If you scroll all the way down, you will see the old color as the background of the guest quote. I realize I may need to change the font color, but what do you think of the combo of the green and the 'beige' vs the green and the 'yellow'?
OK, try these 2 pages instead. You can see them side by side. Plus understand what colors I'm seeing by the description and tell me if that's what you see.
chocolate-y beige
olive-y beige

I like the beige as well, easier on the eyes. Yes, I also agree that the font color also be changed to be darker - & maybe a little larger print for reading ease.

I think that is heading in the right direction..I would like to see it just a tad bit lighter shade so the text shows up better.

I think that is heading in the right direction..I would like to see it just a tad bit lighter shade so the text shows up better..
catlady said:
I think that is heading in the right direction..I would like to see it just a tad bit lighter shade so the text shows up better.
Do you think the beige on the forum is lighter or the same shade? If it is lighter, what color is it? I tried all the variations of 'beige' and 'sand' that I could find on the visi color charts, none looked right. I guess I don't know enough about how the colors are determined (ie- how the color chart works) to make up my own color. Altho, it's really just a matter of changing the hex color number, right?

YES!!! Like it much better. Keep the yellow as an accent color. It looks more New Englandish..
The trouble with doing this is I can't keep the old color, change it and then show the new color for comparison unless I change different pages!

I think that is heading in the right direction..I would like to see it just a tad bit lighter shade so the text shows up better..
catlady said:
Do you think the beige on the forum is lighter or the same shade? If it is lighter, what color is it? I tried all the variations of 'beige' and 'sand' that I could find on the visi color charts, none looked right. I guess I don't know enough about how the colors are determined (ie- how the color chart works) to make up my own color. Altho, it's really just a matter of changing the hex color number, right?
The color of the beige backgound here on this site is: HTML: #EAE8D0 / HEX: 0xEAE8D0
The color you have there now I show as #BEE6FD
YOu need to download COLOR PICKER. its a real easy and cool tool to have on hand.

catlady said:
The color of the beige backgound here on this site is: HTML: #EAE8D0 / HEX: 0xEAE8D0
YOu need to download COLOR PICKER. its a real easy and cool tool to have on hand.
catlady said:
Nope, not that one. The one that is in the boxes that show the 'unread topics' and 'newest recipes' etc. The beige-y one. This one is gray. This is another reason it's so hard! I see beige and someone else sees green or yellow!

catlady said:
catlady said:
Nope, not that one. The one that is in the boxes that show the 'unread topics' and 'newest recipes' etc. The beige-y one. This one is gray. This is another reason it's so hard! I see beige and someone else sees green or yellow!
The side border here is TOO dark for your pages. There is no contrast like there is here on this site. It makes it way too hard to read. The middle section background here is the color I think you should use. IT looks light beigey green on my computer screen.
Maybe SWIRT can give us all a lesson on setting the colors correctly on our monitors so they show what they should.

YES!!! Like it much better. Keep the yellow as an accent color. It looks more New Englandish..
The trouble with doing this is I can't keep the old color, change it and then show the new color for comparison unless I change different pages!
If you are redoing, time to do it in a style sheet so that with one swift move, you can change every page. TIme to DO IT!!!

If you are redoing, time to do it in a style sheet so that with one swift move, you can change every page. TIme to DO IT!!!
catlady said:
I know. If I have to touch every page anyway, I may as well be putting the CSS code on there. OK, I will attempt to try a couple of things in CSS, like a standardized font and the background colors.

catlady said:
catlady said:
The side border here is TOO dark for your pages. There is no contrast like there is here on this site. It makes it way too hard to read. The middle section background here is the color I think you should use. IT looks light beigey green on my computer screen.
Maybe SWIRT can give us all a lesson on setting the colors correctly on our monitors so they show what they should.
catlady said:
Hah...if only it were something a lesson could solve..it would make my life soooo much easier. Unfortunately the only way to solve it is with a Display Calibrator
ir
that plugs into the computer and then gets placed right on the screen to sample the color directly from the monitor face...then it tells you what to adjust on your monitor ... and after you spend a lot of time messing around with it, you either have it "right" or you discover that your monitor is incapable of rendering the colors correctly.
Graphic artists use them to tune their monitor to match the inks being used.
Here is a test image for calibrating contrast on your monitor which is a start, but it is a long way off from having all monitors look the same.

Where do you find color schemes?.
Bree said:
Where do you find color schemes?
at colorschemer
(I actually have them in a couple photo pgrams) but here is colorschemer.com
ahhh I like salad de fruits!
tHANKS..NICE site. I like rose garden..but Bree might like Farmers market for her site..sort of what she is doing.
catlady said:
tHANKS..NICE site. I like rose garden..but Bree might like Farmers market for her site..sort of what she is doing.
You know what Bree's hubs likes? The green in the CSS file you sent to me! Matched with the olive-y green above. So, how is THIS one?

Bree said:
at colorschemer
catlady said:
I think 'not quite camoflage' is what hubs came up with on his own. I kept saying, 'Don't you think it's kind of army-like?'

Bree said:
at colorschemer
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
at colorschemer
I am crying. I love so many of them. Exceptions being the neon ones.

Bree said:
at colorschemer
catlady said:
You know what Bree's hubs likes? The green in the CSS file you sent to me! Matched with the olive-y green above. So, how is THIS one?
That's pretty!
Riki

Back